BajaNomad

mail service in ensenada

msypvr - 3-17-2011 at 05:21 AM

Looks like the house here will close and we can make our move to Ensenada, just one question. Does anyone have a phone number or email contact for a mail service that has US address but mail is delivered to a post office box in Ensenada? I tried a search on the forum but found nothing. Thanks for you help.

DENNIS - 3-17-2011 at 05:47 AM

What part of Ensenada?

msypvr - 3-17-2011 at 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
What part of Ensenada?

msypvr - 3-17-2011 at 06:23 AM

We will rent for 6 months then decide where to buy in Ensenada. We may rent in either Ensenada or La Mision.

DENNIS - 3-17-2011 at 07:42 AM

When you get situated in town, post your question again. There are mail services, some more convenient than others, depending on what side of town you live on.
We have three services out here at PB alone.
At any rate....yes there are services.
Forget the Mexican Postal Service for international delivery. Don't even ask why.

msypvr - 3-18-2011 at 04:58 AM

Sorry, Dennis, but I need to have mail service established before I arrive. Ensenada is not like L.A. and I can drive anywhere in the town without any problems, so location is not as important as reliable service. Also would like to ask if anyone recieves medication from the VA at their Mexican mail box. Thanks

bajabound2005 - 3-18-2011 at 07:05 AM

This is who we use,

"Take outgoing mail to the states and pick up from your box on Wednesdays. Delivery to your house on Thursdays. Packages and meds brought in with no extra charge.
Stamps available. Contact irka Davis for information and rates
646- 154-2235
irkad2005@yahoo.com"

jenny.navarrette - 3-18-2011 at 02:46 PM

It is illegal to mail prescription drugs into Mexico from the US without getting an import license form Mexico. It is also illegal for a mail service to pick-up your prescription drugs at a US address and bring them to you in Mexico. Only the person to whom the drugs are prescribed can carry them into Mexico.

Nothing is easier in Mexico. It is always more complicated, more expensive and more time-consuming.

Bajahowodd - 3-18-2011 at 03:06 PM

Irka, the realtor, eh?

About the Rx issue- Fact is that a wide variety of generic meds are easily available at such places as WalMart, Costco, and Comex, for very little dinero. So, if the meds you are taking are generic, or can be easily replaced by generics, it shouldn't be a problem.

Examples include asthma rescue inhaler, and diabetes meds such as Metformin. Over the counter, no Rx. Less than $4 USD for a month's supply.

That said. There's a tremendous difference between Ensenada and La Mision.

[Edited on 3-18-2011 by Bajahowodd]

bajamigo - 3-18-2011 at 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jenny.navarrette
It is illegal to mail prescription drugs into Mexico from the US without getting an import license form Mexico. It is also illegal for a mail service to pick-up your prescription drugs at a US address and bring them to you in Mexico. Only the person to whom the drugs are prescribed can carry them into Mexico.

Nothing is easier in Mexico. It is always more complicated, more expensive and more time-consuming.

Never knew that, but it makes sense. For the last 4 years, however, I've been receiving drugs from a mail order service in Carlsbad; they are picked up every Wednesday by our mail service form a US PMB and brought to Ensenada. On a few occasions, when the mail service had to undergo revision, the packages were opened. We've never had a problem.

msypvr - 3-19-2011 at 05:48 AM

Thanks for the contact number and all the advice. We know there is a lot of difference between La Mision and Ensenada. La Mision was only a choice if we did not find a place to rent in Ensenada. We have finalized a rental in Ensenada.

DENNIS - 3-19-2011 at 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Irka, the realtor, eh?

That's the one. She brings my mail down as well.
It should be noted that she's in Punta Banda.