BajaNomad

Yesterday's scene at the Mulege Boat Ramp.

Pompano - 3-21-2011 at 07:16 AM

The estuary moorage where some of the commercial pangas spend the day.

Fun times. A bunch of family & friends go out for a day on the water...

...or in it. :rolleyes:

Above is a little known..or used..beach campsite near the lighthouse ...and handy El Patron cafe to the left.

wessongroup - 3-21-2011 at 07:22 AM

Nice to get to see what is going on... thanks much...

willyAirstream - 3-21-2011 at 02:28 PM

That's a boat load! A couple days ago a Hobie 14' cat sailed in from SF and that camping spot was perfect for them as it was low tide.

Leo - 3-21-2011 at 02:39 PM

I like that C.spot. Might try it out on the way north.
Thanks for sharing.

fishabductor - 3-21-2011 at 03:05 PM

I am sure there are enough PDF's on board that boat, and of course all involved know how to swim.

I am always amazed at how many commercial guys down here don't know how to swim...seems like a prerequisit to being a commercial fisherman to me.

acadist - 3-21-2011 at 07:24 PM

On my way down in April the choice will be El Patron or Scotty's............

vgabndo - 3-21-2011 at 11:15 PM

Abductor says..

"I am always amazed at how many commercial guys down here don't know how to swim...seems like a prerequisit to being a commercial fisherman to me."

My wife always tells me I'll never be able to keep up on the Baja Highway because it is clear in my mind that I'm not going to a better place when I die!

Someone with some expertise could speak to the idea that there is a fatalistic streak in this culture I love so much.

fishabductor - 3-21-2011 at 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
Abductor says..

"I am always amazed at how many commercial guys down here don't know how to swim...seems like a prerequisit to being a commercial fisherman to me."

My wife always tells me I'll never be able to keep up on the Baja Highway because it is clear in my mind that I'm not going to a better place when I die!

Someone with some expertise could speak to the idea that there is a fatalistic streak in this culture I love so much.

I believe it boils down to living in the moment and not worrying about the future.

Bob and Susan - 3-22-2011 at 05:55 AM

exactly...live for the moment

that's NOT a good place to camp

if mulege gets the least amount of heat
the beach is full of party people teying to cool off

there will be lots of cars and music in the evening