BajaNomad

Best Breakfast in Ensenada?

Gypsy Jan - 3-22-2011 at 01:46 PM

(This question was posted by tridogg on Chowhound. While I know of the restaurants in LA that he/she is referring to, I have never been to them. Do Nomads have any answers to the question?)

"So...I have found many amazing places to eat in Ensenada for lunch and dinner. But, as far as breakfast goes...nothing great yet. El Rey Sol is good...but if you have ever had breakfast at campanile in L.A. or brunch at Langhams in San Marino...well...that is a much higher level. So...are there any really really good places for breakfast or brunch that would rival the kind of places i'm talking about? Thanx"

Debra - 3-22-2011 at 02:44 PM

A little off track here, but, have been dying to share this.........thanks for the chance.

For all of us stuck in the Pacific Northwest and can't (Or couldn't get good Mexican food I have finally found a place to share.)

I have always found "Mexican" food yuckie up here, even in places that have Mexicans as the cooks, they seem to cook as they think Americans expect. It all tastes the same.

For those of you close enough there is a place called the "Blue Agave" in Port Orchard that has the food we expect, YUM,YUM!

I know that there are several Nomads up here, if you want to try it, just ask and I'll give you directions.........heck, I'll meet you there. You won't be disapointed.

Bajahowodd - 3-22-2011 at 04:44 PM

In my opinion, the two best breakfast places, by a mile, are Mi Kaza and Las Cazuelas. The former being in the heart of the tourist district, but, somewhat lacking in ambience. The latter being out by the marine base, but having a realy comforting, homey ambience. You cannot go wrong with either of these fine establishments.

mojo_norte - 3-22-2011 at 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
In my opinion, the two best breakfast places, by a mile, are Mi Kaza and Las Cazuelas. The former being in the heart of the tourist district, but, somewhat lacking in ambience. The latter being out by the marine base, but having a realy comforting, homey ambience. You cannot go wrong with either of these fine establishments.

I vote Mi Kaza- open early. friendly staff . free wifi. great food. they understand your need for coffee! - who needs more ambiance than the Princess Di poster on the wall that's been there for 10 years!

krafty - 3-22-2011 at 06:58 PM

Princess Di-nice touch!

mojo_norte - 3-22-2011 at 07:13 PM

Mi Kaza! - The Princess Di poster was there when I 1st started going there- 2000 They did an expansion around 03 ish - New owners? - They kept Princess Di - it's still a great place !

bajabound2005 - 3-22-2011 at 07:13 PM

breakfast....Cafeteria Monique on 9th and Espinoza.

While I've not personally been there...a lot of people like Cafe Orleans on Blvd Costero (relatively new). And yes, they do southern....

Veleros Restaurant in the Hotel Corona is good.

Mi Kaza...it's inexpensive; the food "adequate"

Brunch: Hotel Coral (the restaurant is Antares)....they do a brunch of some type every day but the only we've been to is Sunday and it is AWESOME. And if you're 60+ of age, ask for the "abuelos" discount. And if you're seated inside, don't forget to go outside and see what's out there....carne asada, raw oysters, clam ceviche....