BajaNomad

Instead

DENNIS - 4-11-2011 at 11:45 AM

Looks like one of those nice quiet times in Baja that so many want to find.
You're right. Parts of Baja are still as they used to be. A lot of it depends on attitude.

Thanks for the trip report.

Cypress - 4-11-2011 at 11:50 AM

Don Jorge, Thanks for sharing your fun.:D

DENNIS - 4-11-2011 at 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jorge
Dennis, I still wax nostalgic for Chuys!

So do I, Jorge. Drove by the place the other day and got smothered in memories....never a bad one.

Remember José, the bartender? I saw him at Costco around a month back. He looks the same so I guess I do too. :biggrin:

BajaBlanca - 4-11-2011 at 12:40 PM

you are so right, there are parts of Baja that are still so remote - even our beach here in la bocana feels deserted since almost no one except us walk it .... and we are a village of 1200 plus people ....

shari - 4-12-2011 at 02:07 PM

looks like a classic baja camping trip....nice pics...you two sure are a cute couple... nice to see your smiles...old baja still exists for those who wish to seek it.

Sunman - 4-12-2011 at 02:28 PM

Nice spot...

[Edited on 4-12-2011 by Sunman]

Hey Jorge!

Pompano - 4-12-2011 at 03:10 PM

The Purple Sage told me the message you left....good going, amigo.

And don't worry, some Baja favorites will never die!

Stop by for a cold one and a room.
:yes:

David K - 4-13-2011 at 08:52 AM

Cool trip photos!

Primitives

mcfez - 4-14-2011 at 07:02 AM

Now that's a camping run I like do too...primitive. You gave us some swell photo shots. Txs!

Skipjack Joe - 4-14-2011 at 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jorge

We caught some sun, it always feels good to take the shirt off.

I'll bet you're fast on the draw, as well.

Now that the appendix is out.

Sallysouth - 4-14-2011 at 01:49 PM

Thats ok Don!My daughter was born there also, in 1968!! Not a single person spoke English and my Spanish was Very limited.I was 17 yrs. old. They would not let my husband anywhere near me, even during labor.I was having her naturally, practiced La Maz technique.They had never seen this done.After birth, they put me in a room and found me a while later laying in a pool of blood.Back to the OR.Sent home 2 days later(Estero Beach w/ Mom and Dad).A few days later I became very ill, fever, etc.Well, the Doc has sewn me up with a couple of feet of gauze inside me.OOPS!!Talk about toxemia!!I finally healed , two weeks later.The whole thing costs a whopping 50 bucks!!!

TMW - 4-14-2011 at 02:32 PM

Excellent. Beautiful camping and the whales wow.