BajaNomad

Roosters

moogie - 4-13-2011 at 05:16 PM

On a trip to San Jose Del Cabo, we really hit it big with the Pez Gallo.
They were all this size for about four straight hours. . . .Constant action.
Moog

[Edited on 4-14-2011 by moogie]

moog rooster for web.jpg - 19kB

MitchMan - 4-13-2011 at 05:41 PM

Interesting looking fish. I understand that they are a sought after game fish, but, are they good to eat?

moogie - 4-13-2011 at 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MitchMan
Interesting looking fish. I understand that they are a sought after game fish, but, are they good to eat?

I've never eaten one, but I've heard that they're edible when they're small, but not the greatest fish fare.
Moog

mulegemichael - 4-13-2011 at 07:00 PM

turn em loose...they are not good table fare..machaca at best!..but they pull like two freight trains...and THATS the attraction.

toneart - 4-13-2011 at 07:10 PM

Moogie,

All your posts are coming in duplicates. Don't know why. :?:

torch - 4-13-2011 at 08:57 PM

good size for 4 hours of fun. I've only had the small ones in a frenzy for about an hour.

baitcast - 4-14-2011 at 08:16 AM

I love Roosters he,s the greatest fish with the exception of the Bluefin out there,strong,exotic looking,never say die fish and I love where he lives,the beach,he is just great.

Anyone who has caught one of these guys will become a fan,treat with care after the catch.
Rob
There was a time when we saw them as far north as Puertecitos bay chasing mullet!!

[Edited on 4-14-2011 by baitcast]

moogie - 4-14-2011 at 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by baitcast
I love Roosters he,s the greatest fish with the exception of the Bluefin out there,strong,exotic looking,never say die fish and I love where he lives,the beach,he is just great.

Anyone who has caught one of these guys will become a fan,treat with care after the catch.
Rob
There was a time when we saw them as far north as Puertecitos bay chasing mullet!!

[Edited on 4-14-2011 by baitcast]

Too bad we won't be catching Bluefin up here this year. new regs. . .
Moog