BajaNomad

Mision 19 in Tijuana Reviewed by Ringo Gato

Gypsy Jan - 4-18-2011 at 07:56 AM

This is from Chowhound (http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/771939 )

Posted 17 April 2011

“My wife and I, along with three friends, had the absolute pleasure of dining at Misión 19 yesterday. It was outstanding on every level. The physical layout and aesthetics of space are modern and urbane. The wait-staff were gracious and presented dishes with choreographed precision that didn’t feel stuffy. The food was beautifully plated and of remarkable quality and taste. We all ordered different items and none of us had a disappointing dish or even one that was just OK. It was todo bien y muy fina.

Along with some innovative c-cktails and local wines (from two of my favorites, Roganto and J.C. Bravo), it was one of the best restaurant experiences I can recall. We were there for three and one-half hours. Our waiter, impressed that we had driven two hours from Los Angeles solely to eat a meal there, invited to the kitchen before we left to meet the chef and see the behind-the-scenes-action. I don’t think we could have had a better experience.

We then went to the adjoining wine store, Artnoc, sampled a few wines by the glass, and picked up a few bottles to take home. My wife and I bought a red table wine from Barón Balch'é and a Cabernet Sauvignon from Mogor-Badan. We had a cab called, which came quickly from the nearby Hotel Lucerna, and in a few minutes were crossing through customs (which, on a Saturday, is a complete miracle, as the pedestrian wait can sometimes be well over an hour).

Perfect.

Thanks to those who reviewed this great restaurant previously (including StreetgourmetLA's extensive review on his blog) and motivated me orchestrate a visit.“