BajaNomad

At Rcho Coyote - Cafe Estrella del Mar

Pompano - 4-20-2011 at 08:15 AM

As some of you Baja Road veterans will remember, this is Boney's old place on the highway at Rcho Coyote (Coyote Bay). The volleyball court is now a private palapa.

The Estrella del Mar cafe is now under new management...a gal named Collette (sp?) and she has some new ideas that hopefully will make the place a popular spot on the Baja Road.

Located between kilometer markers 107 and 108, it is a very easy wide spot to pull off the highway for lunch or dinner. (not open for breakfasts that I know of..) Lots of parking.

Look for the Purple!

A unique menu...and Quite a variety every week... something 'different'...a welcome change for some.

Note: One food item I don't see on the menu is the sourdough roast beef sandwich! That one is too die for! Simply good old-fashioned delicious.

Think about it....HOMEMADE SOURDOUGH BREAD IN BAJA! Be still, my heart...

This larger room sometimes doubles as a movie theatre. A great idea with popcorn and a chair.

There are quite a few pool tournaments held here. Lots of action for good players.

So..there it is ...Cafe Estrella del Mar...Give it a try, you won't go wrong....especially with that roast beef sammy!

BajaBlanca - 4-20-2011 at 08:42 AM

everything looks fabulous !!! Is Collette American ? British ? Les's tummy is rumbling for some shepherd's pie - that is why I ask if she is British !!!!!!

thanks Pompano, if you are out of the area, like we are, this is the only place to hear wonderful news like this !

edited to correct typo.

[Edited on 4-21-2011 by BajaBlanca]

Pompano - 4-20-2011 at 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
everything looks fabulous !!! Is Collette Amreican ? British ? Les's tummy is rumbling for some shepherd's pie - that is why I ask if she is British !!!!!!

thanks Pompano, if you are out of the area, like we are, this is the only place to hear wonderful news like this !

Hi...yes, I think Collette is Canadian/British.... but I do know she is a great baker of sourdough bread! Also the stirfry over rice I had there the other day was not bad, either.

tiotomasbcs - 4-20-2011 at 09:28 AM

When did the Grand Opening take place? In March, Estrella looked like it was undergoing a remodeling; no beautiful Blue/purple! Nice bar. Looks like the new place has the locals jumping with some new action! Beer Pong?:o Plus the menu looks tasty. Sourdough bread would be awesome. Bon Apetite, Pompano & friends. Tio

capt. mike - 4-20-2011 at 09:54 AM

is that the same Collette from canada that built the foam house north of Frambe's place?

at bahia de los suenos.

Vince - 4-20-2011 at 06:27 PM

Looks great! We'll give it a try when we come down in a week or two.