BajaNomad

SPLASH K52

cjesme - 4-20-2011 at 09:26 AM

Great restaurant.Agapo, the chef and co-owner with Nicholas- is very receptive to guests wants. He is now preparing spinach salads with apple slices, walnuts and strawberries. YUM! Fried chicken, Sizzling button mushrooms, and oyster shooters.
They serve all kinds of Mexican food and Gringo food. Just ask and you will receive!
What a great family!! The Santo's

Shush!

Gypsy Jan - 4-20-2011 at 01:17 PM

And I mean it.

It is hard enough to get a table there already.

Fabulous food.

Incredible servers who remember everything about you and welcome you like family.

DO NOT tell anyone else about this beautiful, oceanfront magical place that has great, live music by incredibly talented performers.

Shush!

This is Funny

Gypsy Jan - 4-20-2011 at 01:54 PM

That a small restaurant, 40 miles south the border, off on a dirt road, next to a very sucessful drug rehab facility (CRREAD), is so busy that people can't get a table and have to wait.

Yes, the bar and the music is loud and noisy.

They must be doing something right

yellowklr - 5-4-2011 at 06:18 PM

can someone be more specific where this place is located?

krafty - 5-4-2011 at 06:21 PM

South across the toll road from the new Descanso development

Terry28 - 5-5-2011 at 08:21 AM

And the last time I was there it looked like a meeting of the gringo senior citizens club....the only mexicans in the place were the employees...The food is excellent though.....

dtbushpilot - 5-5-2011 at 10:00 AM

That's just great. Now that you've broadcast the location all over the internet the place will be ruined......won't be able to catch a fish or wave there soon.......oh, wait, that was a different thread....sorry about that:biggrin::biggrin:.....dt

[Edited on 5-5-2011 by dtbushpilot]

bajaguy - 5-5-2011 at 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Terry28
And the last time I was there it looked like a meeting of the gringo senior citizens club.......

And the problem with that would be........??????? :lol:

Udo - 5-5-2011 at 06:04 PM

Try to plan you dining experience near local high tide time. You'll see why the restaurant is called SPLASH!
Food is good, and go along with Terry28's senior assessment. Lots of retirement communities nearby.

woody with a view - 5-5-2011 at 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
That's just great. Now that you've broadcast the location all over the internet the place will be ruined......won't be able to catch a fish or wave there soon.......oh, wait, that was a different thread....sorry about that:biggrin::biggrin:.....dt

[Edited on 5-5-2011 by dtbushpilot]

there is a nice left of a rocky cove within walkin distance....don't tell them i told ya!:light::lol:

David K - 5-5-2011 at 06:18 PM

South of Cantamar and north of the Half Way House... right at the toll highway access... just south of the Cantamar sand dunes and where the free road goes from 4 lanes to 2 lanes.

Do you need a Google Earth image???

[Edited on 5-6-2011 by David K]

Udo - 5-5-2011 at 07:40 PM

The way I remember the restaurant exit:
SECOND EXIT AFTER THE PUERTO NUEVO EXIT

bajabound2005 - 5-5-2011 at 08:32 PM

we are going on Saturday

cjesme - 5-8-2011 at 09:10 PM

If you like fishing, I sit on the rocks in front of Splash, use squid for bait and catch good size cabezone. I take my fish to Agappo and for $5.00 he makes me a great meal. Sauteed filet with garlic, veg. and potatoes. Can't beat that. I just love the Santo boys! I believe Splash is my family down here!

[Edited on 5-9-2011 by cjesme]

cjesme - 5-8-2011 at 09:13 PM

Time to have another Nomad get together at Splash. Last time 13 nomads met and had a wonderful afternoon!

Bajafun777 - 5-8-2011 at 09:30 PM

Great place and we go a lot when we are taking our 5 month leave of the Imperial Valley starting in June to be away from the terrible heat! Nick is a great bartender and the food is fresh and very good. You can't go wrong here and we love to ride my motorcycle from Las Gaviotas over to the cantina/resturant for an early evening meal. However, since I am driving I only have 2 beers within a 3 hour time there.
First thing I will do on June 1 is indulge myself there,LOL Now, I go a lot when staying down in Las Gaviotas and never had any experiences of people being rude or out of line. Like most new people you meet, if you are openly friendly and talkative it helps to get over thinking people are rude. This is especially true if you just sit there without engaging in conversation. Heck, I did not realize that so many nomads were going in there, so next time the place is full and I am there I will call out who is a BAJA NOMAD here,LOL. Take Care & Travel Safe---"No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777