BajaNomad

My Father the poacher

baitcast - 4-20-2011 at 10:08 AM

May have been the most sucessful poacher in the northwest,but keep in mind this was in the early to the late 40,s when it was root-hog or die,metal drives and victory gardens.

The following are two fishing tails that I was lucky enough to be with him,a friend once said that his Dad was 5' 7" and was the tallest man he ever knew and I have always felt that way about Dad

They we were in a fish hatchery Mom,Dad My uncle and his wife these were my Dad,s favorite places to be all those big brood rainbows swiming around in circles in big ponds and it was raining what else would you except in Seattle,we had been walking for a bit when we came on this pond with the biggest trout and my Dads eyes started to glaze over and he started to mumble something:lol:

The ponds had concert sides and its there Dad sat down and being taking out a snelled fishing hook with mavbe 5" of leader out of his pocket,we all were wearing rain gear,he put something on the hook its then I heard my Mom OMG Bill what are you doing! knowing full well what was about to happen:lol:

Everybody took off not wanting any part of this but me,it was then that my Dads arm started bounching around and out comes this big trout,he grabs it by the head and stuffs it in his raincoat keep in mind there are people walking near by,I can,t even see my Mom by now!

His rain gear has this slit up the back and I see this tail sticking out and waving in the wind and Dad says lets get the hell out of here and we made it for front door with that tail sticking out:lol:

No fish was safe with him around,and this is enough for now,if we do this again it will be about limits or lack of.

Sirena - 4-20-2011 at 02:00 PM

Love it!

moogie - 4-20-2011 at 02:25 PM

Great old pics. . .

Cypress - 4-20-2011 at 02:39 PM

baitcast, Thanks for the pics. Your dad was a fisherman!

Doug/Vamonos - 4-20-2011 at 06:34 PM

That's funny. My dad was a total fish killer. No matter what he caught, he bopped it on the head and kept it. Nothing released, ever. It would kill him to see me release fish, especially if it was a dorado or yellowtail.

BajaBlanca - 4-20-2011 at 07:33 PM

that is a good story !!

Sourpuss

Skipjack Joe - 4-20-2011 at 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by classicbajabronco
...and we wonder why there are no fish today?:(

Well, where are you Wilderone? You're missing an opportunity here. :lol::lol: