BajaNomad

Video. . .Mexican Largemouth Bass

moogie - 4-27-2011 at 03:18 AM

Hi all,
Moogie here. . .
I know this is a Baja forum however, I thought you may enjoy this video.
I went to Sinaloa to try to catch my biggest largemouth bass ever.
I did.
I'm quite the excitable guy, especially when I fish.
This was no exception.
Enjoy the video.
Moog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBeHUawmsdM

baitcast - 4-27-2011 at 07:36 AM

The following pic is the structure I made in front of my place in northestern Wash.
The shore line in front was pretty bland when I started ,every spring before the run off they would lower the lake 12' which gave me time to create my master piece.
I cleaned the beach for 50 yds in both directions,sunken logs,rocks, then added tires and xmas trees,it was to become one of the best LMB honey holes on a 21 mile long lake!
Added a sausage grinder to the dock to grind up perch for chum before my friends would come up from Caif. to visit I would chum for 1 or 2 days ,by the time they arrived it would look like marine land around the dock they would always ask "is it like this all the time" and I would always answer yes

[Edited on 4-27-2011 by baitcast]

mulegemichael - 4-27-2011 at 08:09 AM

hey baitcast, what lake are ya on?....we love fishing all those lakes up there for largemouth and smallies.

baitcast - 4-27-2011 at 08:47 AM

Hi Mike I,ve been meaning to get to you when I noticed you fished the potholes which wasn,t to far from my place on Long Lake which is down river from Spokane which is a secert for most the fishing community up there.

State Pike record,36# browns, rainbows,slivers,believe it or not its got salmon which were washed down from Coeur d Alene up river and have set up shop and yes LMB and Smallies which were planted sometime around 2000 and were exploding before I moved to AZ.:( it will become a 5 star smallmouth fishery if not already.

The winters finally got to me my shoulders were killing me,got to go to town be back in a while with a up date.
Rob

Ken Bondy - 4-27-2011 at 09:07 AM

Nice video! The best largemouth bass fishing I've ever experienced was at Lake Hidalgo near El Fuerte on the mainland. Never saw a 9-pounder but 3-5 pounds was common. The Lake Hidalgo Lodge offered both fishing and bird hunting and it was difficult to decide to fish when the dove hunting was so good! Black clouds of whitewings over the peanut fields so thick you could hardly see through them. Ahhh, back in the day....:)

Iflyfish - 4-27-2011 at 09:30 AM

You should try to be a bit more enthusiastic about your fishing! Save the Stoicism for more modest persuits.

Thanks for sharing this great catch with us. Keep your tip up!!

Iflyfish

moogie - 4-27-2011 at 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Iflyfish
You should try to be a bit more enthusiastic about your fishing! Save the Stoicism for more modest persuits.

Thanks for sharing this great catch with us. Keep your tip up!!

Iflyfish

Ha ha. . .Good one!
The Stoicism. . .No control over it. . .all the shelling in '68 took care of that.
Now, thousands of moons later, I'm just in control of my uncontrollable emotions. . .
Thanks,
Moog

moogie - 4-27-2011 at 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Bondy
Nice video! The best largemouth bass fishing I've ever experienced was at Lake Hidalgo near El Fuerte on the mainland. Never saw a 9-pounder but 3-5 pounds was common. The Lake Hidalgo Lodge offered both fishing and bird hunting and it was difficult to decide to fish when the dove hunting was so good! Black clouds of whitewings over the peanut fields so thick you could hardly see through them. Ahhh, back in the day....:)

Ya, very similar to where I was on Lake Baccarac. So much birdlife, I thought I was in a Nat Geo production!
I watched a hawk take a duck on the wing. We ran over and stole it from him. The lodge cooked it up for me. . .
Good stuff.
Moog.

baitcast - 4-27-2011 at 11:51 AM

Sorry Moogie didn,t mean to jump in there like that but bass fishing wherever your at is a kick,did it without thinking which seems to be happening to me more all the time,looked like a great trip and big bass is always a bonus.
Rob

moogie - 4-27-2011 at 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by baitcast
Sorry Moogie didn,t mean to jump in there like that but bass fishing wherever your at is a kick,did it without thinking which seems to be happening to me more all the time,looked like a great trip and big bass is always a bonus.
Rob

No apologies needed Rob.
I understand about the "curse of the hook".
By the way, quite an artificial reef you made.
Moog

baitcast - 4-27-2011 at 02:00 PM

Might as well show you the rest of it:biggrin:
If you saw part 1 you must have thought as I did a master piece,a work of art,only a fishin junkie would notice
Now for the down side to all this,first and foremost POACHERS,a honey hole does not stay a secrect very long in the fishin comminty,before I built the structure the bass boats would come flying by my place never to slow down one rpm.

I started with xmas tree,s the first year and made the mistake of leaving them to high,you could see the tops,but really the first year only crappie,perch and a few others kinds showed,the hogs showed the second year.

Once the biggies started showing up every morning early their they were in their bass boats pitching spinner baits at my stuff and CATCHING my fish that I worked so hard to bring in

next year I started the log and rock piles and a few tires and it got even better and the boats kept coming,a few even tied up to the dock
or anchored in front of my place,one year when the water was down I saw this guy standing in front of the dock with a clip board doing something so I went down to see whats going on,he was drawing a map of the structure in relation to the dock! another guy came down and was taking pic,s of the whole set-up!

The dock wasn,t much of a swimming spot either,coudn,t dive from the sides because of the xmas trees,hard to dock your boat also,all an all it turned out just what I wanted a real live home made honey hole
Rob........Couple more pic,s of the place