BajaNomad

Fishing liscense

O.G. - 4-29-2011 at 10:56 AM

My 14 year old son and I are going to cruise down the western coast of Baja in June. I have an annual fishing liscense. Does my son need one also? When I purchased mine last year the Acuacultura y Pesca office in Ensenada said my boy didn't need one due to young age. Does my barco need one? Do my two dingys on my barco also need one?

mulegejim - 4-29-2011 at 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by O.G.
My 14 year old son and I are going to cruise down the western coast of Baja in June. I have an annual fishing liscense. Does my son need one also? When I purchased mine last year the Acuacultura y Pesca office in Ensenada said my boy didn't need one due to young age. Does my barco need one? Do my two dingys on my barco also need one?

This may help. Jim

http://www.conapescasandiego.org/swf.cfm?archivo=regulations

You can buy licenses at this website - pretty easy to follow - in Spanish or English, just click on the flag to change. With this site the information is saved so you can reprint the document if needed - you may also pick a start date if buying in advance. Jim

http://www2.ebajacalifornia.gob.mx/Pesca/index.jsp?i=Eua

[Edited on 4-29-2011 by mulegejim]

O.G. - 4-29-2011 at 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegejim
Quote:
Originally posted by O.G.

This may help. Jim

http://www.conapescasandiego.org/swf.cfm?archivo=regulations

You can buy licenses at this website - pretty easy to follow - in Spanish or English, just click on the flag to change. With this site the information is saved so you can reprint the document if needed - you may also pick a start date if buying in advance. Jim

http://www2.ebajacalifornia.gob.mx/Pesca/index.jsp?i=Eua

[Edited on 4-29-2011 by mulegejim]

Thanks Jim.

My research since my first post shows that the requirement for a fishing permit FOR THE BOAT (and dingy and liferaft if containing even a fishook) was lifted in 2008.
However, all sites say that everyone on board must have a fishing liscense NO MATTER WHAT AGE -- even an infant, if the boat is engaged in fishing. This is contrary to what the office in Ensenada told me Re: my younger son not needing one. I will go to the Ensenada office Monday and pose the same question to them again... .

jeffg - 4-29-2011 at 04:58 PM

Personally I would just get the license for everyone (kids included) on board. It's pretty clear in the regulations. In Ensenada they might tell you again that you don't need it, but if you happen to get checked out on the water the officials aren't really going to care what the guy in Ensenada said.

mcfez - 5-2-2011 at 12:42 PM

being 14....I'd get him a fishing license to be safe. anything that floats...you need a license to fish from it.

BajaBlanca - 5-2-2011 at 01:47 PM

Another option is to call DISCOVER BAJA TRAVEL CLUB and ask them -

1 - 800 - 727-2252

bajatravelergeorge - 5-2-2011 at 03:01 PM

F.Y.I. They don't sell liscenses. They sell licenses.

mcfez - 5-2-2011 at 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajatravelergeorge
F.Y.I. They don't sell liscenses. They sell licenses.

So.....'
Just where can we get a liscenses?

bajatravelergeorge - 5-2-2011 at 07:21 PM

Please read carefully, THEY DON'T SELL LISCENSES!

Roberto - 5-3-2011 at 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajatravelergeorge
Please read carefully, THEY DON'T SELL LISCENSES!

Talk to CortezBlue ... he'll tell you all about liscenses.

Russ - 5-5-2011 at 08:41 AM

I registered and got a conformation e-mail but when I try to go to the permit site it says "seccion ended". ??:?:

O.G. - 5-5-2011 at 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
I registered and got a conformation e-mail but when I try to go to the permit site it says "seccion ended". ??:?:

Be careful Russ. Bajatravelergeorge says u must get CONFIRMATION, for a fishing license; not conformation for a fishing liscense... .:yes:

Russ - 5-5-2011 at 09:41 AM

And to think I always thought they were "permits". Shows how little I know.

Alan - 5-5-2011 at 10:09 AM

The requirement that was dropped in 2008 was the boat permit that used to be required to operate a boat in Mx waters. It had nothing to do with fishing. Fishing licenses are still required for all on board regardless of age.

Russ - 5-5-2011 at 01:09 PM

"PERMISO INDIVIDUAL DE PESCA DEPORTIVO-RECREATIVE"
is what my expired permit/license says