BajaNomad

Are there Pink Tacos in Baja?

The Gull - 5-7-2011 at 07:29 AM

On Cinco de Mayo, a day that is celebrated by many with copious amounts of tequila and a taco or two, Pink Taco in Century City decided to paint a donkey pink and tag it with the name of the restaurant. Because what says Cinco de Mayo more than a brightly painted animal? Anyway, people predictably freaked out (it was over 85 degrees out!) and a Facebook boycott, which now has about 1,116 followers, was launched.

http://laist.com/2011/05/06/pink_taco_live_ass_display_peees...

woody with a view - 5-7-2011 at 07:31 AM

i love pink taco!
:light:

hey Gull, was that tequila "san martin extra anejo at la playita in tj?" it's been awhile since you recommended it. i got a co-worker tracking it down for me this weekend.

[Edited on 5-7-2011 by woody with a view]

DENNIS - 5-7-2011 at 07:36 AM

Something gastronomically wrong with using a Donkey to advertise a Taco.

The Gull - 5-7-2011 at 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Something gastronomically wrong with using a Donkey to advertise a Taco.

anatomically wrong at a minimum.

The Gull - 5-7-2011 at 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
hey Gull, was that tequila "san martin extra anejo at la playita in tj?" it's been awhile since you recommended it. i got a co-worker tracking it down for me this weekend.

It is normally there. Once when I went, it wasn't. Tell you bud that only the extra anejo will do (tall skinny black glass bottle). There may be other styles of San Martin at La Playita. For me, they remain untested.

Woooosh - 5-7-2011 at 11:27 AM

It does look more like a sunburned albino donkey- maybe that touched peoples nerves. If they had just painted the donkey with the traditional Zebra stripes- everything would have been fine I suppose.

ELINVESTIG8R - 5-7-2011 at 11:33 AM

I'm surprised PETA is not there pitching a b-tch.

PS: If God did not want you to eat it he would not have made it look like a taco!

jenny.navarrette - 5-7-2011 at 11:36 AM

What? You people never heard of Pinko de Mayo?

DENNIS - 5-7-2011 at 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jenny.navarrette

Must be another Commie holiday. :lol:

The Gull - 5-7-2011 at 11:50 AM

Does one put Pink Mayo on a Pink Taco?

woody with a view - 5-7-2011 at 12:49 PM

never.

solo lenguas rosas!:light:

[Edited on 5-7-2011 by woody with a view]

tiotomasbcs - 5-7-2011 at 04:07 PM

Finally, Jenny N. lightened up?! Must be the Dias Festivales.:smug: Arriba, Mexico. Tio

monoloco - 5-7-2011 at 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jenny.navarrette
I think that's on May 1st.

decided it was in their best interest to not do anymore animal-related promotions in the future.

mcfez - 5-8-2011 at 03:56 PM

http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/07/pink-taco-pink-donkey-peta-spr...

[Edited on 5-8-2011 by mcfez]

Bajahowodd - 5-8-2011 at 04:23 PM

Whatever your feelings are about a donkey being colored pink, the simple fact is that an offspring of the family that founded the Hard Rock places opened up several eateries, to not such a succesful resolve, using a not very well disguised euphemism for its name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Taco

yellowklr - 5-8-2011 at 05:28 PM

I've seen pink tacos in every country I've visited, but I prefer my Mexican Pink Taco!

DENNIS - 5-8-2011 at 05:30 PM

Pink Pork Kills.

Hook - 5-8-2011 at 10:29 PM

So, I'm not any where near a Pink Taco outlet and I havent seen an explanation of the connection between a donkey and a pink taco................unless, of course, it is an allusion to burros percherone, somehow.

If that ISNT what it's all about; well, they need to market a plate with a pink taco and a burro percherone on the same order. It's just a natural.

Pink Tacos Endangered?

The Gull - 5-15-2011 at 11:45 AM

Without famous donkeys, this may be the demise of Pink Tacos.

It cause the end of the Blue Fox.