BajaNomad

Hot Halibut bait

baitcast - 5-17-2011 at 08:46 AM

110 Lucky Crafts,this has been the hot bait for the guys in Southern Cal. on the beach,they all swear by it,the only problem is the cost but like anything else you get what you pay for,20$ a pop:o

This has been going on the last few years!!

[Edited on 5-17-2011 by baitcast]

yellowklr - 5-17-2011 at 08:18 PM

I've used a real similar lure made by yo zuri(crystal minnow) and have gotten some halis. I still think krocs are better.

baitcast - 5-18-2011 at 08:50 AM

The crystal minnow is a popular and fine lure but "similar' is not the same especially in the fishing world,confidence in the bait that we are using is more important than anything,my favorite on the beach is the K/M day in and day out.
Rob

yellowklr - 5-20-2011 at 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by baitcast
The crystal minnow is a popular and fine lure but "similar' is not the same especially in the fishing world,confidence in the bait that we are using is more important than anything,my favorite on the beach is the K/M day in and day out.
Rob

What size kastmaster you like in the surf?
I like that idea.

surfdoc - 5-20-2011 at 02:31 PM

I brought down some freshwater Bass plugs I'm gonna try off the beach.
If the darn linguado ever show..:D

Also have some 1/2 oz KM's and multiple spoons... just need fish!

Cypress - 5-20-2011 at 02:40 PM

Those halibut look a lot like flounder.;D

Cypress - 5-20-2011 at 03:04 PM

The best Halibut bait. A big chunk of salmon back bone, guts etc. Let 'em run with it, set the hook and hang on. Those little dinks pictured aren't halibuts, they're small flounders.;)

yellowklr - 5-20-2011 at 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by surfdoc
I brought down some freshwater Bass plugs I'm gonna try off the beach.
If the darn linguado ever show..:D

Also have some 1/2 oz KM's and multiple spoons... just need fish!

Stan plan on hanging with us in Sept...Well fish my boat and have some good surf fishing sessions......Second week of Sept I think it is

baitcast - 5-21-2011 at 08:04 AM

When using a spinner on the beach 8# tops but it depends on where your fishing,Baja Norte 8# is plenty I like 6# even better,down south 8# is pushing it:lol:

Sur I would use 10# or better on a baitcaster,everything depends on location and conditions,I have always felt you get bit more often with light stuff of course you get in over your head more often using it 3/8# 1/2# tops,I like 1/4# and sometimes 1/4# on corvina daytime.

Guys miss out when using the K/M with the retrieve don,t expect to kill them a pitch out and just wind it back,it offers more than one action,high speed to very slow wobble and all will work under the right conditions

I think the K/M is the most versatile bait for the fresh,inshore and beach waters in the world and Acme has been proving it since the 60,

The same baits have been working for me for 40 years sweet waters the whole trout family,spiney ray family,love these things I can take the very same baits to the beachs in Baja and do will,the beachs of Southern Calif, its a huge favorite and on and on.

Cypress you should stick to your shellcrakers:lol:

And no I don,t work for ACME!
Rob

Cypress - 5-21-2011 at 08:16 AM

baitcast, Yea, all you need is a cane pole and some worms.:biggrin:

BajaRat - 5-21-2011 at 08:56 AM

Surfdoc,
Their waiting for the fam to arrive. :biggrin: