BajaNomad

Los Cabos-La Paz bus info

C-Urchin - 5-22-2011 at 09:47 AM

Does anyone know what the bus company charges and what the schedule is from San Jose del Cabo (SJD) to La Paz?

Someone gave me this link, but when you look into the tickets, San Jose is not on there and neither is La Paz...Nice web site but no help.

Bajalerita - 5-22-2011 at 06:51 PM

Just for you, I went down to the bus station on the malecon to ask. The cost is 225 pesos and they start running from San Jose at 0515, another at 0545, another at 0600, then one at 0700, at 0730 and so on through out the day. The last bus leaves at 2100 (9 p.m.). One hour is the most you will have to wait for a bus during the day. Hope that answers it for you.

gnukid - 5-22-2011 at 07:33 PM

Actually, there is one shuttle from the SJD airport to el centro La Paz, that is quite unique and a new experiment leaving very occasionally perhaps twice a day.

The aforementioned bus, noted Bajalerita la buena bonita, leaves from San Jose Del Cabo Bus station to La Paz at the times mentioned, meaning one would either take a shuttle, bus, taxi or walk from the SJD airport to the San Jose Del Cabo Bus station, then head North.

One needs to give enough time to leave the SJD airport to either go to the bus station and transfer which takes about 15 minutes or more depending on your timing.

Alternatively, you can jump on a christian missionary bus, join fisherman, walk or hitchhike.

Bus info

C-Urchin - 5-23-2011 at 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajalerita
Just for you, I went down to the bus station on the malecon to ask. The cost is 225 pesos and they start running from San Jose at 0515, another at 0545, another at 0600, then one at 0700, at 0730 and so on through out the day. The last bus leaves at 2100 (9 p.m.). One hour is the most you will have to wait for a bus during the day. Hope that answers it for you.

Thank you very much!:)

BajaBlanca - 5-23-2011 at 02:51 PM

welcome to Baja Nomads Bajalerita !!!! it was very kind of you to go and get the information .....

Los Cabos-La Paz bus info

texascarwasher - 5-23-2011 at 04:02 PM

if you are trying to get from the SJD airport to La Paz, the best thing to do is catch the shuttle. it is a non stop bus from SJD to the Turismo Bus Depot on the Malecon. The ticket can be purchased in the terminal after you clear customs. Just turn left after you pass the time share salesmen. the fare is 322 $MXN. the bus is non stop to La Paz and you usually get a movie. I heartily recommend the bus.

Bajahowodd - 5-23-2011 at 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Actually, there is one shuttle from the SJD airport to el centro La Paz, that is quite unique and a new experiment leaving very occasionally perhaps twice a day.

The aforementioned bus, noted Bajalerita la buena bonita, leaves from San Jose Del Cabo Bus station to La Paz at the times mentioned, meaning one would either take a shuttle, bus, taxi or walk from the SJD airport to the San Jose Del Cabo Bus station, then head North.

One needs to give enough time to leave the SJD airport to either go to the bus station and transfer which takes about 15 minutes or more depending on your timing.

Alternatively, you can jump on a christian missionary bus, join fisherman, walk or hitchhike.

Walk from the airport to the bus station? I'm hoping that I just overlooked your droll humor. :?::lol:

[Edited on 5-23-2011 by Bajahowodd]

gnukid - 5-23-2011 at 09:45 PM

There is a bus station right at the entrance to the airport at the overpass, both north and south, the fastest way to go somewhere is to walk to the bus station and get the next bus that passes, versus talking the bus shuttle to the bus station to transfer.

The distance is less than .5 km. you can also taxi the .5 km.

The key is to get moving, if you wait for the shuttle and then transfer at the bus station, that's three transfers, you are wasting time and often it takes about 45m-1hr longer than walking and grabbing the next bus on the hiway headed north. That is unless you are able to catch the direct SJD to La Paz shuttle that runs directly from the airport 1-2 times a day.

Also, entering the airport requires a tax, so many busses/shuttles and taxis can not and do not enter. Waiting outside the airport for a bus increases your options dramatically and reduces your costs and saves time too. Many shuttles drop off but are not allowed to pickup inside the airport, so by waiting outside you get a direct shuttle by a driver who is happy to pick up a fare and cover their costs, often they accept any amount. Then there was the time I joined the christian missionary band camp bus... We sang beatles songs the whole way!

It's crazy, cause it's mexico.

[Edited on 5-24-2011 by gnukid]

Bajatripper - 5-24-2011 at 11:07 AM

Quote:
The aforementioned bus, noted Bajalerita la buena bonita...

I've a confession to make, kid. Bajalerita and I use the same computer, and I am in the habit of not checking who's logged on to the Nomad board. I think you can see where this is going. It was I, and not "Bajalerita la buena bonita," (my barely-teeage daughter) who responded to the original message. I probably should have cared enough to correct my error, but didn't.

gnukid - 5-25-2011 at 12:15 AM

Sorry it was not my intention to offend you or your family, I made a mistaken gesture that in retrospect is almost always an improper use of the language. *noted* It's totally inappropriate for me or anyone to ever say something such as la buena. Please accept my apology for being casual and wrong when I do not know you well.

Reminds me of the time way back when I tried to say beautiful eyes, but said buena osos, my friend cried for days and probably didn't forgive me for a year.

Bajatripper - 5-26-2011 at 07:46 AM

Quote:
Sorry it was not my intention to offend you or your family, I made a mistaken gesture that in retrospect is almost always an improper use of the language. *noted* It's totally inappropriate for me or anyone to ever say something such as la buena. Please accept my apology for being casual and wrong when I do not know you well.

Reminds me of the time way back when I tried to say beautiful eyes, but said buena osos, my friend cried for days and probably didn't forgive me for a year.

No offense taken, Kid, but I appreciate the apology even if it isn't needed, it speaks well of you. I just wanted to make sure we all know we're talking about a thirteen-year old here. When you see the pictures I'm going to post soon, you'll understand.

Again, no offense taken, we're cool.

Now, about your understanding of Baja history...:lol:

[Edited on 5-26-2011 by Bajatripper]