BajaNomad

Impunity and profits

805gregg - 6-15-2011 at 08:17 PM

Al Jazerra has a good article on the total breakdown of the Mexican society in Juarez. Also check the faultline report, where it's stated of the 34,000 deaths blamed on the drug cartels, only about 3% get prosecuted. That's some good law enforcement.

bajajazz - 6-16-2011 at 09:44 AM

I believe the unofficial policy of the Calderone government is to regard deaths due to drug violence as a form of retroactive birth control.

nonsense

Dave - 6-16-2011 at 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajazz
I believe the unofficial policy of the Calderone government is to regard deaths due to drug violence as a form of retroactive birth control.

In the last 50 years Mexico's birthrate has plummeted. If current trends continue, Mexico will achieve zero growth rate in just 30 years.

805gregg - 6-19-2011 at 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:

In the last 50 years Mexico's birthrate has plummeted. If current trends continue, Mexico will achieve zero growth rate in just 30 years.

Because there will no one left to procreate?

Bajahowodd - 6-20-2011 at 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:

In the long run, that may actually be a good thing for their economy. However, Mexicans that migrated to the US seem to exhibit the old time vigor!:lol: