BajaNomad

Lost Passport/Border Crossing?

SeaShell - 6-27-2011 at 12:38 PM

My boyfriend lost his passport but has an appointment this week to get his replacement in process. We want to head to my place below Rosarito for the 4th of July weekend.
Does anyone have any recent information on how easy or difficult it might be for him to get back into the U.S.? He will have replacement application receipt, birth certificate, photo I.D. etc.
Told him he better get his passport replaced soon or I might have to replace him. :lol:
Happy 4th everyone!

The Gull - 6-27-2011 at 12:40 PM

People cross with only a CA license all the time. US cannot refuse Americans. You would be wise to take a copy of the lost passport application along to prove the validity of the story.

mcfez - 6-27-2011 at 01:23 PM

At the most.....they will put you in the secondary AS PUNISHMENT :-)

My older boy does not have a Passport and didnt have a issue

DENNIS - 6-27-2011 at 01:31 PM

Attitude is everything. Have your BF grovel and be apologetic. You can watch. ;D

Dave - 6-27-2011 at 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SeaShell
He will have replacement application receipt, birth certificate, photo I.D. etc.

You will have zero problems.

Unless he looks like a banger

SeaShell - 6-27-2011 at 01:41 PM

Thanks everyone. I will be waving to him as I go through Sentri.
Next step to get his Sentri Pass. Still waiting for that reduced fee for Sentri App's to come into effect.

Bajahowodd - 6-27-2011 at 06:36 PM

You got Sentri, and he's got no passport. Precious.:lol:

That said, what was posted above is correct. A little hassle, a lecture, but as long as your BF has some valid ID especially a photo ID, he'll pass rather quickly.

Marc - 6-27-2011 at 06:38 PM

Clean him up. Shave, haircut, bath etc..and ...what?? you don't have a color copy of the lost passport? Along with extra photos? I guess he doesn't get around much.;););)

BajaBlanca - 6-27-2011 at 07:14 PM

off the wall question - if someone has a green card, do they still need a passport to get back into the States ????

mcfez - 6-28-2011 at 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
off the wall question - if someone has a green card, do they still need a passport to get back into the States ????

My wify is a German green card carrier....she indeed needs her green card AND German passport.

Marc says get a haircut and clean shave.....good Gods no! :lol:

BajaBlanca - 6-28-2011 at 09:26 AM

thanks so much, Mcfez. Les's kids are British and are thinking of visiting us this summer.

mcfez - 6-28-2011 at 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
thanks so much, Mcfez. Les's kids are British and are thinking of visiting us this summer.

We've had many visitors to our house in San Felipe.....a handful of Europeans (no Vikings). Never a issue.