BajaNomad

Betticinis Italian Restaurant

krafty - 7-15-2011 at 03:59 PM

Yay-a new restaurant in Rosarito opening up next Tuesday! I believe it shares the parking lot with Rene's on the south end of town. I hear that is to reopen shortly as well-hopefully before football season!

Football season???

thebajarunner - 7-15-2011 at 05:11 PM

You need another benchmark,
that one could be a while
just my very humble opinion

krafty - 7-15-2011 at 05:40 PM

Think Positive!

Bob H - 7-16-2011 at 07:18 AM

There WILL be a football season - they will have an agreement within a few days now!
:yes::yes::yes::yes:

krafty - 7-16-2011 at 10:28 AM

Too much moola riding on it not to happen.

Bajafun777 - 7-16-2011 at 10:55 AM

Great, I love trying new places and letting others know if it is good. I love Amore Italian restaurant in Rosarito across the street from Quinta Del Mar Hotel and gated community ( boy Quinta really has run down from the late 70's when we use to go there). Just keep the new places coming but if they are bad let us know so we don't waste our time. Take Care & Travel Safe---- "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

krafty - 7-16-2011 at 04:47 PM

It looks really cool with pizza ovens, and the usual Italian decor-will try it and let you all know!

conquestkm - 7-16-2011 at 04:58 PM

Talked to the owner yesterday and got a guided tour of the of the unfinished place . The owner Oscar even tho he is Mexocan , has spend many years living in Italy and is replcating many simiular places he found while in Italy. If you have ever been there you will know what I mean
. I think you are going to love this place

krafty - 7-22-2011 at 07:22 AM

Went to Betticinis last night for an early dinner-I was wrong when I said usual Italian decor-it is very nice and classy and makes you feel like you are anywhere but Rosarito! The owner spent the past 9 months redoing it himself, so it is a real labor of love. It also has a great courtyard which would be splendid for a large group.
The food was great! We only had pizzas and salads, which were very thin crust and delicious,all cooked in wood fired pizza ovens, but saw some of the pastas and calzones that came out and they looked devine as well.
There is a full bar and many different mexican beers and wines. I think there are 3 beers on tap.
This place only opened on Tuesday, so some things are not complete, but in a couple of weeks it should be done. If Rene's ever reopens they will have their hands full. The owner and waiters, one coming from Portifinos after 14 years, were all very gracious-will be going back for sure! Good Luck!

Bajafun777 - 7-25-2011 at 08:07 PM

bajaeng, good to hear that the son of past owner is trying to get the place back on line. Had some really good times there with my family when our kids were little and it was kept in great condition back then.
The Italian restaurant Mi Amore is a little pricey for down here but the food is good. Since we go maybe once every 3 weeks there is not a real bad cost thing. It seems like a lot of places that have good food and nice decor will have most main dishes running $15 to $24 dollars depending on what type of fish, meat or combinations you are ordering. I do think the costs of the drinks are pricey considering the cost of booze down here compared to the States. However, you need a cold one or two with your dinner, correct?LOL Take Care & Travel Safe------"No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

Bajafun777 - 7-27-2011 at 12:54 AM

Went to Betticianis italian Restaurant tonight, Tuesday, and had the pizza which was very good, the chicken wings that were crusted in a glaze garlic, basil and honey very good too. Liked the starter of french bread toasted and warm sauce to put on it. The service was great and took some pics of the inside and entry area that I will try to post as soon as I down load them. I will definately be back also met the owner and he is a very nice person. Will try one of the many pasta dinners they have to offer and one of their salads also next trip. The decor inside is very nice and puts you at ease very quickly. They have music starting at 8pm on Friday & Saturday, very clean! Take Care & Travel Safe--"No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN"