BajaNomad

Chad Reed Crash

TMW - 7-17-2011 at 01:14 PM

Here is video of Chad Reed's crash in the MX race yesterday.
He got back on and finished the race coming in like 12th or so for some points. Amazing

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZC4f9TCg4zw

ncampion - 7-17-2011 at 01:48 PM

That'll teach him to ride a Honda.....

Woooosh - 7-17-2011 at 01:52 PM

WOW, huge air.

dtbushpilot - 7-18-2011 at 12:37 AM

That guy is tough.....you wouldn't see "Bubba" getting up and continuing racing after something like that.......wait a minute, Bubba doesn't do outdoor MX....never mind:lol::lol:....dt

motoged - 7-18-2011 at 09:24 AM

Boy....good thing he landed on the grass....he woulda been hurt if he fell in silt :biggrin:

That was a stylish "get-off"

vgabndo - 7-18-2011 at 06:31 PM

I saw some of Bubba's TV show on line when he was coming back from one of the last injuries, and I was blown away with how little he was able to help his amazing crew with the prep of the bike. He can go real fast, but it appeared he had no idea why!!!

Great props to his crew for being able to figure out what "tune" he needed to be riding.

bajabass - 7-19-2011 at 03:12 AM

Most of the suspension tuning is done via rider feedback and video taping of practice sections. You will hardly ever see a "factory rider" touch his own bike.
I spent about 8 years working as an AMA official at west coast supercross and motocross nationals. If you think the tracks, especially the supercross tracks, look gnarly on TV or from the stands, try just walking the different sections.
I raced from 1995 to 2002, starting at 35 years old, finally having a few vet pro races near the end. Even the toughest amatuer tracks don't even come close to a supercross or AMA outdoor national track!! :o:o Yup, those guys are moto "Gods" for sure!!

TMW - 7-19-2011 at 07:29 AM

I raced Old Timers MX in the late 80s and early 90s and one time we went to Barona to race. There was a pro race that day too. Not a national but CA organization, I don't remember who. Anyway we were to race the same track and during practice all the old timers complained of the whoop section. They were too deep for us old guys so they let us ride around them.

bajabass - 7-19-2011 at 06:38 PM

Did you ever race Mammoth Mountain with the Old Timers??? Probably the most beautiful track on Earth!!! My wife keeps trying to throw away a sweatshirt from the 1997 race. Raced it several times with the LA Old Timers. About 1998 I raced at Barona with the Over The Hill Gang, another big vet race club. Huge triple in the center of the track. I swear I was tapped in fourth, but when I woke up with a busted fifth metacarpal and a concussion, my buddy said I never hit fourth, and came up 15ft short, OUCH!!