BajaNomad

La Cocedora de Langosta

larry - 7-19-2011 at 07:40 PM

I haven't been on here for awhile, so forgive me if this repeats covered territory. La Cocedora de Langosta near the entrance to the fish market at the wharf in Ensenada is truly spectacular seafood dining.

I have eaten there four times in the last two years, the first time driving from Oakland to Ensenada to eat dinner after seeing photos posted here--it was worth the 10+ hour drive!

My wife and came down again after a night in Los Angeles a couple weeks ago. As every time at dinner, we were one of two tables occupied in the restaurant (the waiter said they do better business during the day), and the food was unbelievably good. The traditional mixed ceviche, which contains geoduck (almeja generosa), camaron, pescado, tomato, cilantro, cebolla and aguacate, was heavenly. Steamed mussels with white wine, garlic, onions, cilantro, red bell peppers--a twist on mussels mariniere--was perfect. My wife, who focuses on dessert, ordered the special--mango mousse, which I tasted...wow!

I ate at Manzanilla earlier this year, and it was wonderful, but La Cocedora has to be one of the best restaurants on the West Coast--US and Mexico.

deportes - 7-19-2011 at 07:47 PM

That sounds good, must be real good to drive all the way from Orinda to Mexico for that special treat!. I will look for it when I go down that way from Walnut Creek!

tripledigitken - 7-19-2011 at 07:53 PM

One of our favorites in Ensenada.

JESSE - 7-19-2011 at 08:02 PM

Looks good

woody with a view - 7-19-2011 at 08:05 PM

smells good, too!