BajaNomad

Driving north from Cabo

Cranskin - 7-22-2011 at 02:48 PM

Just drove north with no problems anywhere. It did take a little longer due to the much needed new road construction. The inspections were quick and smooth. They always want to know the cat and the dogs name. Funny.....LGC

tiotomasbcs - 7-22-2011 at 04:40 PM

Fluffy & Flaco! What's in the cooler; mucha cerveza. Andale. :tumble: El Militar. Bunch of Indian kids with AK 47s. w/bullets these days, no? No real threat until you get closer to the Border. Tio

Bajahowodd - 7-22-2011 at 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tiotomasbcs
Fluffy & Flaco! What's in the cooler; mucha cerveza. Andale. :tumble: El Militar. Bunch of Indian kids with AK 47s. w/bullets these days, no? No real threat until you get closer to the Border. Tio

Geez. Indian kids?????

Just seems to me that just like most of the countries of the world, the most impoverished are those who volunteer for the military. Yeah. even in the USA.

Sorry man, but your reference to Indian kids just smacks of racism. IMO.

tiotomasbcs - 7-23-2011 at 06:30 AM

Most of these soldiers are 18-20 yrs old and come from Ciapas & Oaxaca. When they ask me where I'm from or live I always ask them where they are from. Not many Bajenos but I did just meet a soldier/kid from San Ignacio. Indigenous or Chiapan. Indian is more easily understood. Dang Gringos., ha, ha. Tio ps I agree how the poor always seem to volunteer in Military.

[Edited on 7-23-2011 by tiotomasbcs]

Military

bajaguy - 7-23-2011 at 07:05 AM

Generally, you will be inspected by lower ranking enlisted personnel. I find that if I address them by their military rank they really appreciate it, and it is a great ice-breaker.

http://tinyurl.com/3w6vcjz

Easy way is to look at their hats........

no markings.....Soldado (Private)
one horizontal black bar.....Cabo (Corporal)
two horizontal black bars......Sargento Secundo (Second Sergeant)