BajaNomad

La Bocana - Report / updates ???????

elskel - 8-9-2011 at 10:21 AM

To All - Anything happening, what is the current report. has anyone been fishing offshore. hopefully with the storms offshore, push of warm water. Hopefully heading out that way around the the 23rd or 24th.
thanks brian

David K - 8-9-2011 at 10:27 AM

Which La Bocana?

elskel - 8-9-2011 at 10:39 AM

La Bocana - South of Asuncion - North of Abreojos - Pacific Coast

shari - 8-9-2011 at 01:50 PM

I'm not sure about la bocana but everyone here in Asuncion is stoked because the water is 70 and rising...lots of bird action and dolphin schools are starting to show up...some tuna boats 5 miles offshore give hope for an early tuna season here...yeah baby...yellowtail have appeared in San Pablo just in time for the fishing tournament this saturday..finally summer has arrived!!!

Skipjack Joe - 8-9-2011 at 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari

...some tuna boats 5 miles offshore give hope for an early tuna season here...

OMG, wait til Woody reads this.

eyepopping.jpg - 3kB

Skipjack Joe - 8-9-2011 at 03:22 PM

A man can only take so much!!

canttakeitanymore.jpg - 44kB

comitan - 8-9-2011 at 03:23 PM

If I'm not mistaken there was a Tuna boat here in the bay @ Asuncion this morning, that must mean something.

elskel - 8-9-2011 at 04:30 PM

Thanks Shari, Have any boats ventured offshore? any big YT caught.
Thanks, brian

Tell Tomas, hola for me.

BajaBlanca - 8-9-2011 at 04:36 PM

warm water is finally here

yellowtail - cabrilla - corbina (sp) and lots of bonito caught today !!!

yellowtail about 15 - 20 pounds .... but the other day a 40 pounder was caught 6 miles out.

bring it on !!!!

woody with a view - 8-9-2011 at 05:50 PM

bring it on!

willyAirstream - 8-11-2011 at 08:07 PM

The local boats were bringing in tons of YT today in Asuncion. We watched them unload 15 - 40 lb ers.

baitcast - 8-12-2011 at 08:55 AM

A wide open bite on anything would make this old pescador a happy man,even a few of Woodys spots
Rob

BajaBlanca - 8-12-2011 at 09:10 AM

so our guests are catching 15 pounders - ABOUT 25 TO 30 (they are releasing most of them) and with the rest .... the coop is filleting, shrink-wrapping and freezing them til the guys are ready to leave, so I dont have any pics ...

The backyard palapa has become party central !!! Pics to follow !!

woody with a view - 8-12-2011 at 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by baitcast
A wide open bite on anything would make this old pescador a happy man,even a few of Woodys spots
Rob

c'mon Rob, mid october. you can hang out with us and you will go home a happy camper....:light:

baitcast - 8-13-2011 at 08:32 AM

Sounds so good!! but there is a couple of problems,next month is two years since the by-pass and since then I,ve had three stents installed so I,m not out of the woods!

The other is MaMa and she says forget it,I,m working hard to get this thing fixed,walk 4 or 5 brisk miles aday,weights every other day,meds,and diet is there something I forgot?:lol:

I last thing I need is a problem on some desolate beach chasing spots but it doesn,t sound to bad as long as the fish are good size:lol:

I,ve been reduced to fishin for planters in the Flagstaff area,what a come down.

Appreciate the invite though I,m sure we would hit it off,big spots are great but I,ve got to broaden your horizon your walking right pass some of the good guys.
Rob

[Edited on 8-13-2011 by baitcast]

woody with a view - 8-13-2011 at 11:58 AM

hey bud, i'm an ex FF/EMT so when/if the prollems come up you will be in (generally) good hands. you keep up the hard work. tell mama you need some baja time. keep working on it, she'll give in.... it's in your blood, brother!

:cool:

edit: foto. this is a 14" pan..... one side of the last spotfin to grace my hook!

[Edited on 8-14-2011 by woody with a view]

rsz_100_8128.jpg - 24kB

wessongroup - 8-13-2011 at 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by baitcast
Rob

Ditto's on that... :):) take it easy.. sounds like you're coming around a bit... good to hear... :biggrin: