BajaNomad

The Dangers of the Ego

Gypsy Jan - 8-11-2011 at 06:27 PM

I just responded to a post on Chowhound about Baja and I was slapped down; the OP who said that that he/she didn't want any info.

Oh well, it don't make me no never mind.

elgatoloco - 8-11-2011 at 07:47 PM

I always enjoy your reviews! Screw chowhound! :dudette:

scouter - 8-12-2011 at 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco
I always enjoy your reviews! Screw chowhound! :dudette: [/quote

x2

Bajahowodd - 8-13-2011 at 04:43 PM

Fundamentally, all of the review sites have major flaws. That goes beyond the restaurant sites. Just take a peek at TripAdvisor for instance.

Near where I live in OC, there are an almost uncountable number of Taquerias and Mexican restaurants. The reviews make my head spin.

Sometimes it just boils down to such trivial things as how the service person treated the customer. Sometimes, it's about personal preference. Such as do you like your Carnitas crispy or not.

For me, I am blessed with two totally different establishments within a few minutes drive.

A Sonoran establishment called Los Sanchez, and a Baja oriented place called Los Cotijas.

The fundamental comparison is that if I order fish tacos at Los Sanchez, I get grilled fish. At Los Cotijas, it's Ensenada style fried fish.

Sometimes, I sweep by both and get a couple of each.

BajaGuera - 8-13-2011 at 04:48 PM

I have read the OP's other remarks on that sight - always on the snarky side. Take no never mind.

[Edited on 8-13-2011 by BajaGuera]

DENNIS - 8-13-2011 at 04:49 PM

Howard just did his gay critic schtic and that's fine. I know Jan is tolerant.

All that said....Chowhound can kiss my asssssss.

Do your thing, Jan. They ain't nobody.

I Knew the Dangers

Gypsy Jan - 8-13-2011 at 07:23 PM

Of throwing out a response to a report (cough, complaint) about a rude post on another website that concerns Baja.

I may be naive, but I was surprised by the response.

Chowhound, to their credit, has deleted the entire posting.

The mods did that on their own; I did not register any complaint.