BajaNomad

fishing permit to fish bahia de tortugas?

TonyC - 8-15-2011 at 07:31 PM

from what i understand, if i want to fish in the bahia de tortugas area, i need a fishing permit. where in guerrero negro can i purchase this?

saludos,

tony

Pescador - 8-16-2011 at 07:27 AM

Tony, you are probably talking about the permit for the Vizcaino Preserve. There is an office in Guerro.

shari - 8-16-2011 at 02:42 PM

to find the Vizcaino Biosphere Reserve Office, turn right at Lizardi's Pizza in the middle of town on the main drag...and go up a couple blocks and it's on the corner on the left...but they close for a couple hours in the afternoon for siesta...if you plan to fish in any biosphere reserve in mexico more than 4 times a year, you may as well get a Passport which is good for a year in any reserve in the country and is somewhere around 250 pesos...the wristband day permits are 50 pesos a day...and of course you need a fishing license too...have fun...they graded the road out there last week so it will be good for about another week.

TonyC - 8-17-2011 at 07:43 AM

thank you so much, i'm at el socorro with a working laptop...got here last night. leaving for tortugas in an hour. hope to post as i go.

shari - 8-17-2011 at 08:27 AM

lucky you to have the road graded for ya! fish are everywhere so you'll have a great time...stop in for a cerveza if you find yourself in our barrio!

TonyC - 8-17-2011 at 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
lucky you to have the road graded for ya! fish are everywhere so you'll have a great time...stop in for a cerveza if you find yourself in our barrio!

i am lucky shari, cause i was sweating that road for my trip out. i bought brake lights to replace the one that bounced off. i'll know tomorrow how nice that road is....i'm staying the night in vizcaino.

shari - 8-17-2011 at 09:24 PM

oooops I forgot to mention that the road from Vizcaino has lots of nasty nasty potholes that havent been filled lately...hope your trailer made it OK