BajaNomad

El Faro in San Quintin

Oggie - 8-18-2011 at 02:00 PM

One of our favorite restaurants in San Quintin. Homemade Clam, Mushroom, and Crab soups. Fresh crisp salads and great Seafood.

David K - 8-18-2011 at 02:43 PM

Cool... great map! Thanks!

Howard - 8-18-2011 at 06:14 PM

David, do you dream of maps? :biggrin:

By the way, do you know how map companies keep from getting there maps ripped off from people taking copies and selling their pages?

motoged - 8-18-2011 at 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Howard
....By the way, do you know how map companies keep from getting there maps ripped off from people taking copies and selling their pages?

H.
Nope....do tell.

David K - 8-19-2011 at 08:51 AM

Quote:
David, do you dream of maps? :biggrin:

By the way, do you know how map companies keep from getting there maps ripped off from people taking copies and selling their pages?

One way is to intentionally include errors on it... if those same errors are on a forged copy: evidence!

Marinero - 8-19-2011 at 09:03 AM

One of the most interesting things is the furnishings. Cloth tablecloths, carpet on the floors, chairs of a long-ago design. Also, the place is clean the people are great and, of course, the food is excellent. Good off-road parking for ordinary vehicles, RV's and those pulling trailers.

sanquintinsince73 - 8-19-2011 at 09:46 AM

Great food and exceptional service. Two thumbs up.

KASHEYDOG - 8-19-2011 at 12:18 PM

I too have dined there several times. Always good food, good service and great ambience..........:yes:..:yes:..:yes:

[Edited on 8-19-11 by KASHEYDOG]

jeffg - 8-19-2011 at 12:39 PM

Quote:

my guess on that question would be non-photo blue color.

Regarding the restaurant, I always seem to be going through San Quintin at around 10:30am, are they open for breakfast?

Also, on my last trip north I noticed what looked like a new restaurant, a little further south on the opposite side of the road. It looked pretty nice and seemed to have a good crowd, does anyone know the place I'm talking about?

Thanks,

Jeff

Howard - 8-19-2011 at 04:32 PM

A big gold star for Mr. cartographer, AKA David. Yes they intentionally put in fake streets that do not exist for evidence!

David, how the h-ll do you keep all those maps organized?

bajasammy - 8-19-2011 at 05:18 PM

Oggie,

We were just there last week for breakfast and it was fantastic! Definitely a high recommendation from us.

[Edited on 8-20-2011 by bajasammy]

BajaDanD - 8-19-2011 at 05:43 PM

I think I'll stop there for breakfast in Nov. on our way to Asuncion

Oggie - 8-19-2011 at 05:46 PM

Carlos' Tenazas de Jaiba al Paprika( Paprika Crab Claws) are really special!

David K - 8-19-2011 at 06:08 PM

Quote:
A big gold star for Mr. cartographer, AKA David. Yes they intentionally put in fake streets that do not exist for evidence!

David, how the h-ll do you keep all those maps organized?

Let's discuss this more...
How about asking me this over on the Baja Historic Interests and Literaturte forum? Don't want to sidebar this nice thread on a good place to eat!

Marinero - 8-22-2011 at 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffg
Quote:

Regarding the restaurant, I always seem to be going through San Quintin at around 10:30am, are they open for breakfast?

Also, on my last trip north I noticed what looked like a new restaurant, a little further south on the opposite side of the road. It looked pretty nice and seemed to have a good crowd, does anyone know the place I'm talking about?

Thanks,

Jeff

Marinero - 8-22-2011 at 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffg
Quote:

Are they open for breakfast? answer, 'quien sabe' ? my experience is, punch in and ask.. Maybe they want to feed you.

Oh yah! Worldwide advise, but oh so true in Mexido.

" DON'T TRY TO EAT WHERE THEY DON'T WANT TO FEED YOU."

Thanks,

Jeff