BajaNomad

Interest in forming a Women's Fishing Club

EnsenadaDr - 9-18-2011 at 06:22 PM

Any women out there interested in joining? I have a woman friend with a few friends in Ensenada looking to get some more Baja members...

[Edited on 9-19-2011 by EnsenadaDr]

DENNIS - 9-18-2011 at 06:50 PM

You mean you only want to catch female fish? That's a little strange, but deserves some thought for the fish murderers here.
Give 'm your number. :lol:

Bill Collector - 9-18-2011 at 06:55 PM

Would love to join, I fish a lot of tournaments Problem is I'm in Baja Sur, a hour and half North of Cabo
Barb

EnsenadaDr - 9-18-2011 at 07:22 PM

I for one would love an excuse to travel to Cabo especially if someone knew all the great fishing spots...lets just get a list of women and then decide a central location to meet...

Dennis are you a WOMAN????

EnsenadaDr - 9-18-2011 at 07:26 PM

HI Dennis,

You are a really nice person but this thread is for females only haha just kidding...you know what...I have heard rumors that you catch women like you catch fish...reel 'em in and then throw them overboard...you CAD you!!!!:lol:

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
You mean you only want to catch female fish? That's a little strange, but deserves some thought for the fish murderers here.
Give 'm your number. :lol:

Bill Collector - 9-18-2011 at 07:59 PM

Thought Dennis was getting a transgender operation? Might become female.
I

EnsenadaDr - 9-18-2011 at 08:08 PM

I think someone should start a new post and try and get donations for the operation...rumor has it that he is spending all his money on his house remodeling and is unhappy being half and half...

[Edited on 9-19-2011 by EnsenadaDr]

Bill Collector - 9-19-2011 at 06:32 AM

POOOOOOOOOOOOOR Dennis

shari - 9-19-2011 at 07:54 AM

I appreciate that dennis is in touch with his feminine side... and he is rather pretty!!!

OK, amigas...tell ya what...we will give a discount to your members if they come and fish with us and organize a ladies night out...it'll be fun!!

How do you join?

EnsenadaDr - 9-19-2011 at 11:06 PM

Shari where are you let me know SHHHHH don't say anything loud, Dennis thinks he is a woman and he might show up....

EnsenadaDr - 9-19-2011 at 11:10 PM

Ok Shari sorry I just saw the link...let's get some more women involved...and I will keep this link bookmarked....and contact the friends in Ensenada to see how many women there are....you men out there...this group is strictly for fishing for fish...

shari - 9-20-2011 at 06:00 PM

It's OK Doc, I can keep Dennis occupied while you are out fishing!!!:cool:

DENNIS - 9-20-2011 at 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

woody with a view - 9-20-2011 at 06:33 PM

plan it for oct 21-31. we'll keep score!:cool::biggrin::O

oh yeah, the shore fishing tourney will be in full swing......

and if big D shows, he can help keep track of the tourney results by BANGING his drum everytime a fish volunteers for ceviche.:lol::light::P

[Edited on 9-21-2011 by woody with a view]

DENNIS - 9-20-2011 at 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
and if big D shows, he can help keep track of the tourney results by BANGING his drum everytime a fish volunteers for ceviche.:lol::light::P

Ahhh yessss....the drums. I've been practicing. Neighbors hate me....life is good. :cool:

woody with a view - 9-20-2011 at 06:58 PM

we love your show, buddy!

Loretana - 9-20-2011 at 07:03 PM

EnsenadaDr
By the way, Welcome to Baja Nomad,
and I'm all for a Baja Women's Fishing Club.....

I've got a dandy "Fishin' Shack" here in Loreto that sleeps 12 comfortably...

And lots of nice guy friends with cool boats who will take us "out there" to the blue water to fish....plus plenty of Penn, Shimano, Avet and Accuplate reels and G Loomis rods....

Let's keep in touch!!

[Edited on 9-22-2011 by Loretana]

EnsenadaDr - 9-20-2011 at 08:47 PM

Oh I am just loving all of these women anglers coming together, and yes, we can accept men in the club but they either have to look like Ricky Martin or Enrique Iglesias and know how to filet fish!!!!

I like the Omar Sharif type myself...

EnsenadaDr - 9-20-2011 at 08:50 PM

No problem Shari, I personally don't care for men with extremely light skin...I prefer them tall, dark and handsome...send me a local Mexican over an Irish Catholic anyday...
Quote:
Quote:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thank you Loredana nice to meet you as well....

EnsenadaDr - 9-20-2011 at 09:04 PM

Thanks SO much for that lovely, warm welcome...you don't EVEN know how much I wanted to come to Loreto to fish..I get two weeks off in November and I am coming...I like the idea of nice men friends with cool boats...how much to stay my friend??
Quote:
Originally posted by Loretana
EnsenadaDr

And lots of nice guy friends with cool boats who will take us "out there" to the blue water to fish....plus plenty of Penn, Avet and Accuplate reels and JLoomis rods....

Let's keep in touch!!

First Annual Baja Women's Fishing Tournament

EnsenadaDr - 9-21-2011 at 06:27 AM

OK then I think November in Mulege or Cabo San Lucas for the first annual woman's angler meeting might be fun, bring on the cabin boys..ok ladies off to the clinic early today...have a wonderful day to all of you!!!

[Edited on 9-21-2011 by EnsenadaDr]

CortezBlue - 9-21-2011 at 06:32 AM

Can male lesbians join?

No discrimination in this group...

EnsenadaDr - 9-21-2011 at 06:34 AM

Anyone is welcome...as long as they respect women as being their intellectual and social equals....

DENNIS - 9-21-2011 at 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Anyone is welcome...as long as they respect women as being their intellectual and social equals....

WOW...Rules like that are discriminating against men. :lol:

Yeah exactly

EnsenadaDr - 9-21-2011 at 06:46 AM

Not all men....but men with your perspective, Dennis...there are so many NICE fish in the sea.....why deal with the scorpion fish??
Quote:
Quote:

WOW...Rules like that are discriminating against men. :lol:

Womens fishing club

fish101 - 9-21-2011 at 01:57 PM

Quote:
EnsenadaDr

And lots of nice guy friends with cool boats who will take us "out there" to the blue water to fish....plus plenty of Penn, Avet and Accuplate reels and JLoomis rods....

Let's keep in touch!!

fish101 - 9-21-2011 at 01:59 PM

Let me tell "you"...this lady can fish with the best of them..Plus, she is one of the hottest women in Loreto....Love when she lets her hair down...and she is a very good cook..You want Italian food, she will fix up a feast..

shari - 9-21-2011 at 02:08 PM

talk about hot....is that your son in your avatar...what a cutey!!!

Skeet/Loreto - 9-21-2011 at 03:03 PM

I Skeet/Loreto would like to offer myself as Official Mascot of this Club.

I will be able to show all the New Fisherwomen the different ways to fish as well as some very good Fishing Spots around Loreto as I fished and lived in Loreto for many years.
Right now I know a great place on the Isla Delfonso where we could Filet Fish and spend the nite in a very Comfry Cave

Would love to show them how to "handle the Bait Properly".

Keep me in mind Ladies!!!.

Italian food

EnsenadaDr - 9-21-2011 at 05:02 PM

I am half Italian...and one of the fondest memories I have is the smell of my grandmother's spaghetti sauce cooking on a
Sunday afternoon, yes I LOVE good Italian food..can't wait for us all to get together...
Quote:
Originally posted by fish101
Let me tell "you"...this lady can fish with the best of them..Plus, she is one of the hottest women in Loreto....Love when she lets her hair down...and she is a very good cook..You want Italian food, she will fix up a feast..

Thank you Shari

EnsenadaDr - 9-21-2011 at 05:06 PM

Yes we went to New York City a few years back and after we left the show we looked back and there was a group of 13 girls following him..he's not just good looking..he is very ambitious and intelligent too...can't say enough about him..and oh yes he loves surfing Baja!!

Quote:
talk about hot....is that your son in your avatar...what a cutey!!!

UMMM...sounds like more than fishing to me....

EnsenadaDr - 9-21-2011 at 05:14 PM

handle the bait properly...can you go into a little more detail on that one...do we need to disinfect it first??
Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto

I will be able to show all the New Fisherwomen the different ways to fish as well as some very good Fishing Spots around Loreto as I fished and lived in Loreto for many years.
Right now I know a great place on the Isla Delfonso where we could Filet Fish and spend the nite in a very Comfry Cave

Loretana - 9-21-2011 at 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fish101

Welcome to Baja Nomad, Brent! er, I mean "fish101"!

Flattery will get you everywhere......And you are one of the nice guy friends with a cool boat who will definitely be recruited as Capitan Extraordinaire for this up and coming Baja Women's Fishing Club!!

See you in October. :saint:

Loretana - 9-21-2011 at 09:36 PM

Quote:

Skeet!! You "rabo verde!"

I have fished Isla San Ildefonso for many years. We took our 24' Bayliner Cuddy up there in back in 1986, on our honeymoon. There is a beautiful mooring at San Juanico where we stayed several moonlight nights. I caught a hefty 48 pound dorado just off the island on my birthday in October of that year.

Gracias for calling up some very fond fishing memories!

Cypress - 9-22-2011 at 05:10 AM

Who's gonna bait their hooks?:D

what a question...

EnsenadaDr - 9-22-2011 at 05:58 AM

another male chauvinist!!!

Pompano - 9-22-2011 at 06:09 AM

Hola EnsenadaDr,

I would like to submit the following Baja fisherwomen for admission to La Club.

They are all very good hands in a boat. Tried and true.

And, if there is no age restrictions, please include these beginners:

EnsenadaDr - 9-22-2011 at 06:17 AM

Wonderful, thanks so much....I love a man who thinks any and all women are capable...and any women are welcome, no age restriction...

EnsenadaDr - 9-22-2011 at 06:21 AM

I'll tell you what Pompano, I don't need anybody to bait the hooks, but we could use a couple of deck hands to cook and do dishes...thanks!!!

Done deal doc...

Pompano - 9-22-2011 at 06:33 AM

Quote:
I'll tell you what Pompano, I don't need anybody to bait the hooks, but we could use a couple of deck hands to cook and do dishes...thanks!!!

Unfortunately I'm on a diet to get in shape for fishing LARGE FISH this winter....

But...I can make you my specialty....not....

Corn dog pizza!

[Edited on 9-22-2011 by Pompano]

EnsenadaDr - 9-22-2011 at 06:41 AM

Sorry that looks gross....by the way Dennis has graciously offered to be the cabin girl...

Just kidding with you...learned that from Dennis.

Pompano - 9-22-2011 at 06:45 AM

We are actually pretty well trained as cabin boys, cooks, and dishwashers.

EnsenadaDr - 9-22-2011 at 06:47 AM

This idea is getting better every day...what do you think ladies????

EnsenadaDr - 9-22-2011 at 06:49 AM

Dennis will you be wearing your polka dot bikini or the zebra one????

Barbareno - 9-24-2011 at 09:22 PM

Just waiting for a reply from Fly Fishing Pam. Then maybe I will take the rest of you more seriously.:biggrin:

Fly Fishing Pam where are you???

EnsenadaDr - 9-24-2011 at 11:03 PM

Fly Fishing Pam you are holding the group up....unless you join we are at a standstill for members.,please reply!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Barbareno
Just waiting for a reply from Fly Fishing Pam. Then maybe I will take the rest of you more seriously.:biggrin:

Loretana - 9-25-2011 at 10:01 AM

Quote:
Fly Fishing Pam you are holding the group up....unless you join we are at a standstill for members.,please reply!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Barbareno

Pam is busy saving Baja's precious Dorado sportsfishing resource. :saint:

She has exerted a lot of pressure on the "powers that be"....

Way to go Pam!!

Obviously I am just a newbie...

EnsenadaDr - 9-25-2011 at 11:17 AM

I have absolutely no power here at all and you ladies are the ones with all the influence and I am sure much more experience than me fishing the big ones, so what do you suggest next to get more members without Pam..by the way I would drive for hours to get a good plate of pasta with homemade Italian tomato sauce!!!!

Cypress - 9-25-2011 at 02:15 PM

Drive for hours for something as easy to fix as pasta and homemade sauce?:biggrin:

I forgot to mention...

EnsenadaDr - 9-25-2011 at 02:20 PM

I would drive for hours to find a good fishing hole that included home made sauce and pasta...I whip it up in my kitchen all the time in 20 minutes...usually use Hunt's..cheap and delicious sauce!!!

Cypress - 9-25-2011 at 02:29 PM

Ensenada Dr. A good fishing hole is a lot harder to come by than homemade past sauce.:biggrin: And Kona is one sweet place to be!!

DENNIS - 9-25-2011 at 02:39 PM

Quote:
..usually use Hunt's..cheap and delicious sauce!!!

You mean....that stuff that's made in New York City? :o

Stuff made in New York City...

EnsenadaDr - 9-25-2011 at 04:45 PM

Dennis,

Hunt's is a division of ConAgra Foods which is based in Omaha, Nebraska which is thousands of miles away from New York City. There's a rumor going around that you have a thing for women that speak like New York City cab drivers...

Quote:
Quote:
..usually use Hunt's..cheap and delicious sauce!!!

You mean....that stuff that's made in New York City? :o

DENNIS - 9-25-2011 at 04:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Hunt's is a division of ConAgra Foods which is based in Omaha, Nebraska which is thousands of miles away from New York City.

I'll bet you had to race to the store for a can of that goop just so you could make this post...huh. :lol:

NOOO....

EnsenadaDr - 9-25-2011 at 05:00 PM

Do they sell Hunt's here?? No I looked it up on La Internet...I buy mine across the border...you are just jealous because you never experienced the cultural diversity of New York City as a youth....(careful now, Dennis, there is a racial slur lookout on this board as we speak!!)

DENNIS - 9-25-2011 at 05:12 PM

Quote:
Do they sell Hunt's here??

Dollar/10 Peso Store by Com Mex has had it in the past. Probably WaldoMart as well.

Is there anything you Don 't know???

EnsenadaDr - 9-25-2011 at 05:16 PM

Thanks for the tip...

Pasta "sauce"????

bajaguy - 9-25-2011 at 05:22 PM

Quote:
I would drive for hours to get a good plate of pasta with homemade Italian tomato sauce!!!!

If it's real and Italian (and usually from New York or New Jersey), it's called "gravy", not sauce :lol:

Oh PLEEEZE.....

EnsenadaDr - 9-25-2011 at 05:54 PM

Got to get this out of my system.....NO Its NOT!!!
My mother was born in New Jersey and my father was born in New York and my aunt still lives in the town of Bloomfield, New Jersey where they filmed the last episode of the Soprano's and never once did I hear anyone call it gravy...gravy is what we had on mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving....they call it tomato sauuuusss...............

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Quote:
I would drive for hours to get a good plate of pasta with homemade Italian tomato sauce!!!!

If it's real and Italian (and usually from New York or New Jersey), it's called "gravy", not sauce :lol:

bajaguy - 9-25-2011 at 06:09 PM

Quote:
Got to get this out of my system.....homemade Italian tomato sauce!!!!

there you go............. again!!! :lol:

Loretana - 9-25-2011 at 06:35 PM

Facciamo Cosi!! (this is how we do it)

I just added some pork loin to my "Sunday" Sauce, and I usually do an arrabbiatta sauce, cause I like a bit of red chili pepper flakes in there.......

And now back to our regularly scheduled program.

OH my Goshhhh...

EnsenadaDr - 9-25-2011 at 06:41 PM

This is like dangling cocaine in front a drug addict...ok well did you know about Hunt's Zesty and Spicy...they discontinued it the supermarkets in San Diego where I shopped and I went crazy looking for it with no luck...ok then I went to Kona Hawaii and found it in a Japanese supermarket I was in heaven...I need some big game fishing tips and give me my Italian fix....

Quote:
Facciamo Cosi!! (this is how we do it)

I just added some pork loin to my "Sunday" Sauce, and I usually do an arrabbiatta sauce, cause I like a bit of red chili pepper flakes in there.......

And now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Loretana - 9-25-2011 at 06:51 PM

EnsenadaDr,

No canned stuff for my crew.....

I havested quite a few San Marzano tomatoes from my garden this week.

And I learned to make tomato sauce from my Nonna back in North White Plains, New York. (Her family was from Messina, Sicily)

And she didn't call it gravy, either!! ;)

Well what a small friggin world this is...

EnsenadaDr - 9-25-2011 at 07:04 PM

North White Plains..wouldn't be anywhere near Silver Lake now would it...attended 5 years of elementary school there and 5th grade at Saint Anthony's...wow, unbelievable...
Quote:
EnsenadaDr,

No canned stuff for my crew.....

And I learned to make tomato sauce from my Nonna back in North White Plains, New York. (Her family was from Messina, Sicily)

And she didn't call it gravy, either!! ;)

Loretana - 9-25-2011 at 07:10 PM

The same!!
N. White Plains is Silver Lake. I was born at Westchester County Airport!

I think you're coming down to Loreto to fish with us. :tumble:

WOW

EnsenadaDr - 9-25-2011 at 07:14 PM

I think so too.....

Quote:
The same!!
N. White Plains is Silver Lake. I was born at Westchester County Airport!

I think you're coming down to Loreto to fish with us. :tumble:

durrelllrobert - 9-26-2011 at 10:17 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view

Ahhh yessss....the drums. I've been practicing. Neighbors hate me....life is good. :cool:
..but no fish were injured by this thread.

durrelllrobert - 9-26-2011 at 10:43 AM

Quote:

Is that in Oregon or Loreto? Didn't know they could be grown in either place.

Skeet/Loreto - 9-26-2011 at 01:07 PM

Hey those Photos are bringing back lots of good memories.
Virgina and I grew all kins of veggies out at Rancho Sonrisa except for Squash!
I alwys came up with Male Plants. but had good success with tomatoes, onions, Potatoes and peppers, all planted in the Sand,

I have a Pot of Chilli going at this moment. I take left over Rib Steaks that my friends cannot finish at the Restruants and give to me, take it and grind it fairly fine, then start with Onions, Jalapenos from my Garden, and then Ro-tel canned Sauce and go from there.
I am dissapointed this year as I did not win a Blue Ribbon for my Red Jalapeno Jam, However my Wife won a 2nd place with her regualr Green jalapeno Jam.

If this Womens Fish club gets going maybe you could get all the Men to get a Chilli Cook Off going while the Girls are out fishing.

My next Chilli is going to be made from Wild Feral Pig. They are taking over the Corn Fields and people need to start eating them. They are excellent when prepared right after shooting and Skinning them.

Hope you all have a good time and keep working on that Womens Club!

SFandH - 9-26-2011 at 02:53 PM

Quote:
I have a Pot of Chilli going at this moment. I take left over Rib Steaks that my friends cannot finish at the Restruants and give to me........

You mean you use half eaten steaks in your chili? Do the local restaurants have "Skeetie bags" in addition to doggie bags? Don't get me wrong, it's a good idea. Why let food go to waste? Just I've never heard of someone collecting table scraps from restaurants.

Also got a chuckle from this:

My next Chilli is going to be made from Wild Feral Pig. They are taking over the Corn Fields and people need to start eating them. They are excellent when prepared right after shooting and Skinning them.

Nothing worse than domesticated pigs gone wild in the local corn fields.

There sure are some characters on this message board.

Think I'll go back to the Bahia Asuncion website war thread. :spingrin:

[Edited on 9-26-2011 by SFandH]

Skeet/Loreto - 9-26-2011 at 03:26 PM

The Steaks are from my Friends who could not finish their very large Steaks{Texas Style} and got a Dogie Bag and I was the Dogie!!

Loretana - 9-26-2011 at 03:36 PM

Originally posted by durrelllrobert

"Is that in Oregon or Loreto? Didn't know they could be grown in either place."

I grow them here in the Willamette Valley in Oregon. I start them quite early in the greenhouses, and put them out into the garden in late May.

I tried growing San Marzanos in Loreto, but every creature within 5 kilometers came around and glommed onto them. (Including the neighbors!) :D

SFandH - 9-26-2011 at 03:58 PM

Quote:
The Steaks are from my Friends who could not finish their very large Steaks{Texas Style} and got a Dogie Bag and I was the Dogie!!

woof, woof!!!

Sounds like hearty chili.

Only men that can cook are allowed..

EnsenadaDr - 9-26-2011 at 08:07 PM

Men, you need to submit a resume on what you can contribute to the group...and one of the criteria is to cook...preferably gourmet...
Quote:
Hey those Photos are bringing back lots of good memories.
Virgina and I grew all kins of veggies out at Rancho Sonrisa except for Squash!
I alwys came up with Male Plants. but had good success with tomatoes, onions, Potatoes and peppers, all planted in the Sand,

I have a Pot of Chilli going at this moment. I take left over Rib Steaks that my friends cannot finish at the Restruants and give to me, take it and grind it fairly fine, then start with Onions, Jalapenos from my Garden, and then Ro-tel canned Sauce and go from there.
I am dissapointed this year as I did not win a Blue Ribbon for my Red Jalapeno Jam, However my Wife won a 2nd place with her regualr Green jalapeno Jam.

If this Womens Fish club gets going maybe you could get all the Men to get a Chilli Cook Off going while the Girls are out fishing.

Hope you all have a good time and keep working on that Womens Club!

Note: No half eaten food allowed

EnsenadaDr - 9-26-2011 at 08:11 PM

Last thing I want is someone else's saliva in my chili, I don't want to end up with Hepatitis A or a severe case of Brucelosis...if you are that desperate I will bring fresh tri tip to grind up from the States..just got a great bargain....

I brake for Road kill...

EnsenadaDr - 9-26-2011 at 09:02 PM

Don't tell me...you also make a phenomenal road kill chili...:barf:

wilderone - 9-27-2011 at 08:19 AM

Oh yeah - count me in!! Love the idea. If we schedule an upcoming event soon, let's pick a date, 'cuz I can get $230 RT to Cabo on Volaris right now. A trip with FlyFishin Pam would be too cool - I'd drive for that.
A small fleet of pangas out of BOLA? KILL FISH!!!

Only men that can cook are allowed..

Howard - 9-27-2011 at 09:00 AM

OK, here is my illustrious resume.

1: I can boil water
2: I can crack an egg and get only a little bit of shell in the bowl
3: I am great with the Microwave
4: I do not listen to directions too well
5: I do not stop and ask for directions.
BUT
I am in the meat & seafood business and can bring shrimp and crab down to the party

Do you think that you can overlook #s 1-5 and find it in your heart to make me a candidate for a partial membership in light of that I can smuggle down shrimp and crab and maybe some killer chicken hot links? I know I could never be a card-carrying member in your chickie clutch but just to be around such brilliance would be fine with me. (How was that for sucking up?)

Howard AKA,Bubba

DENNIS - 9-27-2011 at 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
KILL FISH!!!

A couple of short, bald boys in Saffron robes will be calling on you to repossess your "Buddhist In Good Standing" card. :cool:

All is fair in fishing...FOR FOOD...

EnsenadaDr - 9-27-2011 at 08:25 PM

You mean even if you catch fish to eat???
Quote:
Quote:
KILL FISH!!!

A couple of short, bald boys in Saffron robes will be calling on you to repossess your "Buddhist In Good Standing" card. :cool:

What a resume....!!!

EnsenadaDr - 9-27-2011 at 08:31 PM

Hi Bubba,

We have cards for men that say Honorary Member: Cooks, cleans and does the dishes, oh...and I bait the hooks for squeamish women...

OK 1 and 2 are good..3 OK, 4, bad, 5 worse...6 FANTASTIC...you are hired!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Howard
OK, here is my illustrious resume.

1: I can boil water
2: I can crack an egg and get only a little bit of shell in the bowl
3: I am great with the Microwave
4: I do not listen to directions too well
5: I do not stop and ask for directions.
BUT
I am in the meat & seafood business and can bring shrimp and crab down to the party

Do you think that you can overlook #s 1-5 and find it in your heart to make me a candidate for a partial membership in light of that I can smuggle down shrimp and crab and maybe some killer chicken hot links? I know I could never be a card-carrying member in your chickie clutch but just to be around such brilliance would be fine with me. (How was that for sucking up?)

Howard AKA,Bubba

DENNIS - 9-27-2011 at 08:33 PM

Ohhh....is that what this is? Fishing for food? Don't get me started.....please.

Does everyone have to have an ulterior motive..

EnsenadaDr - 9-27-2011 at 08:37 PM

I eat what I catch, Dennis...at least part of it...I have been known to throw back a shark or a barracuda...iit doesn't take much to get you started..you are just chock full of enthusiasm...!!!:D:P

[Edited on 9-28-2011 by EnsenadaDr]

Another Honorary Member..

EnsenadaDr - 9-27-2011 at 08:41 PM

Do they have cheap flights to Loreto so I can go down and see my long lost Italian family??? OK please shout out a holler to Fly Fish Pam...no one seems to want to go without her....
Quote:
Oh yeah - count me in!! Love the idea. If we schedule an upcoming event soon, let's pick a date, 'cuz I can get $230 RT to Cabo on Volaris right now. A trip with FlyFishin Pam would be too cool - I'd drive for that.
A small fleet of pangas out of BOLA? KILL FISH!!!

wilderone - 9-28-2011 at 08:48 AM

Looks like Volaris doesn't go to Loreto. But goes to La Paz. TJ to La Paz, RT is $2545 pesos, which includes taxes and fees. (I used Oct. 15-22 to get a sample fare. Could be cheaper different dates).

wilderone - 9-28-2011 at 08:53 AM

Here's a decent deal at Rancho Leonero. 1/2 day pangas are available for addl fishing days - would break down to about $50/ea pp for 3 in a boat.

Rcho Leonero web special:
October 6th - October 31st

2 Story Deluxe room
3 nights/ 4 days
1 day Super Panga fishing
$462.08 per person
Includes 3 meals daily and applicable taxes
BASED ON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY

EnsenadaDr - 9-28-2011 at 09:12 PM

I like it...any more offers????

Quote:
Here's a decent deal at Rancho Leonero. 1/2 day pangas are available for addl fishing days - would break down to about $50/ea pp for 3 in a boat.

Rcho Leonero web special:
October 6th - October 31st

2 Story Deluxe room
3 nights/ 4 days
1 day Super Panga fishing
$462.08 per person
Includes 3 meals daily and applicable taxes
BASED ON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY

EnsenadaDr - 9-30-2011 at 07:05 AM

I met Robert Durrell and his lovely wife in person the other day and yes, we have another fishing aficianado ready to join the group..welcome Debbie!!!