BajaNomad

Cabo San Lucas... an eye-popping 1,213 pounder

mcfez - 9-27-2011 at 01:44 PM

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/30401/monster+blue+marli...

Cardon Man - 9-27-2011 at 02:04 PM

That's an amazing fish. That said, I can't imagine putting that much time into a light tackle fight. It's a waste of both time and energy which only results in the death of a fish that should otherwise live to spread it's genes. We need more granders not less. Selfish move to stay on that fish....in my opinion.

TheColoradoDude - 9-27-2011 at 03:29 PM

I agree that catch and release is a nice concept if you are able to sustain yourself but MAN, that beast had to feed several hundred people. That to me is not selfish.

Von - 9-27-2011 at 03:34 PM

We are all different , I agree with Cardon Man. Lifes a trip we all do things different and act different at the same time. I guess one thing in common is we all love Baja in certain ways. Thats why we enjoy each others comments.

Cardon Man - 9-27-2011 at 04:15 PM

Don't get me wrong...it's amazing to hook a fish like that. But being so hell bent on leadering and killing it...I don't get it. For what?...a photo opp and a tasty slab of blue marlin flesh?

wakemall - 9-27-2011 at 07:16 PM

Sorry when Blue's and Black's are fought this long they usually die from the fight and sink. Maybe that is why the fight took so long? Cranking up 1000 pounds of dead weight with 60 pound test would take a long time.

Regardless, if the fish was alive when leader-ed it should have been revived and released.

Dorado, Wahoo, and YF are easier to catch and taste better.

TheColoradoDude - 9-27-2011 at 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wakemall
Dorado, Wahoo, and YF are easier to catch and taste better.

I hear that! Although I have never caught a wahoo. Maybe I can add Yellow Tail to that list.

I was never a big fan of catching bill fish. I have had greater just spotting them from the boat.

:coolup: