BajaNomad

La Bay Fishing Report

yellowklr - 10-8-2011 at 06:36 PM

Anyone have a recent La Bay report?

Paulina - 10-8-2011 at 06:43 PM

On Bloodydecks it was reported that they are still catching dorado as close as Horsehead and WSB just barely to the south. The whale sharks are also still in the south end of the bay.

P>*)))>{

yellowklr - 10-9-2011 at 09:57 AM

No locals with a more up to date report??

[Edited on 10-9-2011 by yellowklr]

woody with a view - 10-9-2011 at 12:42 PM

c'mon Derek, if-in it wasn't for this site, and Paulina in particular, you wouldn't have a clue!

just go! we'll be on the pacside around Abre in 12 days.

just go!

yellowklr - 10-9-2011 at 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
c'mon Derek, if-in it wasn't for this site, and Paulina in particular, you wouldn't have a clue!

just go!

Im going just trying to decide where!!!!!
Hope your kidding about having a clue-nothing wrong with looking for some up to date info. Reffering me to a BD post is nice but not giving me much to work with.

Since when is Asunsion around Abre??? Why not just say Asunsion?

bajabass - 10-9-2011 at 01:45 PM

The dorado are still biting here buddy!!! Tuna are hit and miss.

Paulina - 10-9-2011 at 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by yellowklr

...Hope your kidding about having a clue-nothing wrong with looking for some up to date info. Reffering me to a BD post is nice but not giving me much to work with.

I didn't realize that referring you to a fishing report that was posted on Oct. 6, barely four days prior to your request, wasn't up to date enough for you.

P>*)))>{

yellowklr - 10-9-2011 at 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulina
Quote:

...Hope your kidding about having a clue-nothing wrong with looking for some up to date info. Reffering me to a BD post is nice but not giving me much to work with.

I didn't realize that referring you to a fishing report that was posted on Oct. 6, barely four days prior to your request, wasn't up to date enough for you.

P>*)))>{

No I appreciated you response very much, I had already read that report on BD just seeing if any of the locals had any other info/reports. I haven't seen much from the Bay the last few weeks. Again thanks for your response, any report is helpful!

yellowklr - 10-9-2011 at 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabass
The dorado are still biting here buddy!!! Tuna are hit and miss.

Hola Amigo!!!
I am planning a trip to my condo but need to have a backup plan in case of bad weather and or redtide.
Wish i had the time/Money to visit you!

Paulina - 10-9-2011 at 02:12 PM

I might suggest a call to Casa Diaz directly. If Chubasco answers he should be able to tell you what/where the action is.

01 200 124 9112

P>*)))>{

[Edited on 9-10-2011 by Paulina]

yellowklr - 10-9-2011 at 02:40 PM

thanks for all the help
Hope the fish cooperate wherever I end up!

woody with a view - 10-9-2011 at 05:22 PM

Quote:
Quote:

just go!

Hope your kidding about having a clue-nothing wrong with looking for some up to date info. Reffering me to a BD post is nice but not giving me much to work with.

c'mon, bro! where does it say Asuncion? 'cept in your head????

yellowklr - 10-9-2011 at 05:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

just go!

Don't mind me too much cold medicine.....Check your PM i answered ya
My friend just got back from Bocana and Bocanita is wide open for surf fishing-Halibut and Corvina
So you picked a good camp spot

yellowklr - 10-9-2011 at 05:39 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

just go!

ok im not totally crazy...........you did write this:lol:
3 weeks from today we'll be in Asuncion.... then a couple days in LB (Neptune willing!) then back to BA....

c'mon tuna!

woody with a view - 10-9-2011 at 05:39 PM

:spingrin:

Bugman - 10-10-2011 at 09:57 AM

I was at LA Bay on Oct. 1-3 and there were still lots of dorado and sierra but not too many yellowtail. The dorado were a bit shy to bite but we got some trolling small rapalas. Live bait probably would have been better had I had some. Still had a blast though and caught all the sierra we could handle.

:cool:

yellowklr - 10-14-2011 at 06:19 AM

anyone hear anything else?

Cypress - 10-14-2011 at 03:17 PM

You'll fill the boat with 'em!:yes:

yellowklr - 10-14-2011 at 06:56 PM

sounds good with what?

Pescador - 10-15-2011 at 08:05 AM

Three or four days ago, a person I know did manage some really nice 50+ tuna 31 miles out from Asuncion, but I have hear nothing else from La Bocana or Abreojos. The hoos are in at Mag Bay so things are moving north, but the wind has been the pits.
Yesterday was the first day we have not had a lot of wind at Santa Rosalia, but except for some really nice yellowtail and a few Baqueta, not much else happening. Did 65 miles and found no billfish. But, we are at the right time of the year, with the right temps, so it is just a waiting game until things bust wide open with good fall fishing (we hope).

yellowklr - 10-15-2011 at 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
Three or four days ago, a person I know did manage some really nice 50+ tuna 31 miles out from Asuncion, but I have hear nothing else from La Bocana or Abreojos. The hoos are in at Mag Bay so things are moving north, but the wind has been the pits.
Yesterday was the first day we have not had a lot of wind at Santa Rosalia, but except for some really nice yellowtail and a few Baqueta, not much else happening. Did 65 miles and found no billfish. But, we are at the right time of the year, with the right temps, so it is just a waiting game until things bust wide open with good fall fishing (we hope).

Tuna off Ascunsion???? Sure about that?