BajaNomad

2011 Off-Road Expo

Ken Cooke - 10-9-2011 at 05:59 PM

I enjoyed the 2011 Off-Road Expo. I think what made the Expo were the people I traveled with - my good friend Mike Hendrick and my Wife Leidys. Both great people to spend the day with. Here are a few photos of what we saw on Sunday.

But first, was Score-International at the Off-Road Expo??? I didn't see their booth if they were.:?:

Mike and I at 12 noon - 2011 Off-Road Expo

Mike standing next to a military truck like the ones parked at his Father's office when he was in the Military - post WWII.

Leidys making the same Military truck look that much better!:yes:

A Toyota Tundra pickup poised for attack!:wow:

A recent FOUR WHEELER project truck that I saw traveling north on the 405 in Los Angeles a few months ago. Awesome pickup!

GOT MUD?

Airbags fully inflated - Can I take this home, please? I promise to "Off-Road" it...

The Titans of the V-8 Jeep conversion - Leidys took a picture of this Burnsville Off Road specimen.

more pics...

Ken Cooke - 10-9-2011 at 06:07 PM

Everyone marveled over this teardrop off-road trailer. Lots of comfortable features...

Inside of the same teardrop trailer.

Hidden overland gasoline tank - hidden behind the rear tire/carrier.

Patience...:tumble:

Ken Cooke - 10-9-2011 at 06:11 PM

The model to the left of Leidys came from Pereida, Colombia - near Medillin. She told Leidys that Leidys had lost her Colombian accent. Leidys said, "No, I didn't lose my Colombian accent!" Things turned tense until the model told Leidys that her Colombian clothing (blue Lycra Jeans) were VERY COLOMBIAN-looking.

Caesar Hernandez of Tijuana's BAJA CRAWLERS OFF ROAD CLUB. I haven't seen this guy in almost 4 years. Its great to see friends after so many years. We're now friends on Facebook.

Radio-controlled Off Road action!:bounce:

bajalou - 10-9-2011 at 06:35 PM

Looks like a great time Ken

Udo - 10-9-2011 at 07:53 PM

Here is my point of view:

Could this be where DK has been spending all of his money??

The magnificent men in their flying machines:

The RC track:

One could get nosebleed in this rig!

The perfect Baja vehicle!

Example of the jeeps shown at the expo:

Udo with Walker Evans:

BTW...Ken saw the same things that I did, but the photos are completely different!
Wait til the Tequila Expo next weekend!

Yamaha allowed enthusiasts to "Try Before" they would buy

Ken Cooke - 10-9-2011 at 08:51 PM

Leidys liked the feel of this quad.

Moving on to the Toy Haulers - We were impressed by how comfortable they are inside!

The "newest style" of wash basins/lavamanos

A nice, stylish kitchen

Enough room for 2 quads, but not a side-by-side

A nice touch! Mike really liked this side-slideout 5th wheel trailer.

Mike is one of our very best friends.

This is a super-cool Jeep JK!

Udo - 10-10-2011 at 07:47 AM

Really nice photos, Ken!

David K - 10-10-2011 at 08:01 AM

Yes Ken, thanks... Do you always bring a model with you to be in your photos? Oh wait, that's your wife!! :saint:

TMW - 10-10-2011 at 10:20 AM

I knew you would like the show this year especially with all the Jeep stuff. Thanks for the pixs.

She's not "The Wife"

Ken Cooke - 10-10-2011 at 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Yes Ken, thanks... Do you always bring a model with you to be in your photos? Oh wait, that's your wife!! :saint:

She's my Trophy bride!:yes:

cj5orion - 10-10-2011 at 04:49 PM

where was all this ?
not the show in LA was it ?

Udo - 10-10-2011 at 06:10 PM

It was in Pomona, Ca.

Quote:
Originally posted by cj5orion
where was all this ?
not the show in LA was it ?