BajaNomad

Puertecitos and beyond Corvina fishing

baitcast - 10-15-2011 at 01:59 PM

This took place three years ago and is for those of you who catch bass and triggers with bait!

One of the largest runs of Corvina to take place south of Puertecitos in years,which only shows they are still around for those who are willing to use what works.

A BD posting which I been looking for.

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/baja-mexico-fishing-reports...

baitcast - 10-15-2011 at 02:33 PM

There are two times every year that is the very best time for these guys in the puertecitos to BOLA areas and that is in the spring and fall,summer is slow at best.

These guys did not mention K/M's and krocks and on top Spooks and poppers,the spooksand poppers being my favorites than K/M's.

You don't fish Corvina over rocks look for sand and in doing so you never lose them like I read all the time,these guys can be caught in very shallow water early morn and sundown to all nite.

Right now it should be getting better.
Rob

woody with a view - 10-15-2011 at 02:35 PM

love ya, Rob! i'm gonna put your wisdom to the test in 8-12 days.... details to follow.

baitcast - 10-15-2011 at 02:47 PM

I told you what to use but not how to use:biggrin:

Life on the inside is much faster than the west side,survival of the fastest is what works,the retrieve is much faster,slow guys just don't last:lol:

That does not apply to spooks and poppers,walk the dog with the spooks and Pop POP pause POP and so on with the poppers.

Wish I could show you Woody:(
Rob

baitcast - 10-15-2011 at 03:11 PM

For those of you not familiar with "walking the dog" its a technique that started years ago for LMB in fresh water but is been used now in the salt for years and is very exciting way to get em its all visual and very addictive,once you get on to it its impossible to take your eyes off it,they explode on it:lol:

Go to google and type walking the dog fishing and you will be in business
Rob

woody with a view - 10-15-2011 at 03:38 PM

not to worry Buddy! we will be there, fish or not, trying to entice them to commit hari-cari...:light:

baitcast - 10-15-2011 at 03:51 PM

Remember T X L X P =S
Timing
Success

Timing-Spring or fall

Location-Sandy sections south of puertecitos to BOLA

Presentation- fast retrieve with K/M and walking the dog with spooks

Sucess-you have arrived:biggrin:
Rob

[Edited on 10-16-2011 by baitcast]

bajabass - 10-16-2011 at 06:44 AM

That set of principles from In-Fisherman really works! I love top-water strikes.

Cardon Man - 10-16-2011 at 10:38 AM

What about Pacific side corvina in bigger surf...will they come into shallow water tight to the beach in the waves?

baitcast - 10-16-2011 at 02:11 PM

I,ve never fished corvina in big surf only on the other side,one things for sure spooks won't work,fact is they only work in flat water,even a light chop screws them up but a popper will.

I really don't see them in real shallow water in bigger surf,luv to find out I know a K/M will and they will get you out farther than a krock of equal weight,and will catch anything swimming on the west side,even spotfin on a rare occasion Woody :D
Rob

baitcast - 10-16-2011 at 02:17 PM

I'm sure corvina this size will work the surf of any size:lol:

Cardon Man - 10-16-2011 at 03:36 PM

If I had to have one "spoon" to fish around the globe it would be a kastmaster.

baitcast - 10-16-2011 at 04:02 PM

Amen..........I have used them in the sweet waterand the salt for years an years,caught even carp on a 1/16#the whole trout family love them,spiney rays go ga ga on a 1/4# and then in the salt I have lost track,the list is endless.

They were made back east way back when for stripers and bluefish by the Acme Corp,I think they are the most versatile lure in the world bar none.
Rob

woody with a view - 10-16-2011 at 04:25 PM

show off!:tumble: