BajaNomad

Asuncion Fishing Report

shari - 10-15-2011 at 08:43 PM

This week has been a bit slow due to some full moon big tides/currents, big swell=murky water and windy and even a bit of fog one day. Anglers have been getting yellowtail...but pretty small in the 10-20 pound range off San Roque and nice calicos.

But today was gorgeous, swell was going down and the water cleared up...still cold though at 68 degrees but the guys got into some nicer tails, yoyoing by San pablo.

They attracted quite a bit of attention with their fishing machine!! especially launching and loading it at the lobster ramp.

BajaDanD - 10-15-2011 at 09:02 PM

Well see ya in 3 weeks Thanks for the report

shari - 10-18-2011 at 08:00 AM

the last few days has our hopes up...the ocean temps are now up over 70 with excellent visibility. There are huge dolphin schools around, flying fish, big bonita, barracuda, mola mola so the stage is set for tuna to arrive any day....prolly waiting for Woody to get here!!!

Here is Faustino, our new guide...with a fish from yesterday which David served up at a nice BBQ at the Gallery last night with some Nomads....Nancy seared some as an apetizer that was heavenly.

Hook - 10-18-2011 at 01:35 PM

That's it! Shari has issued an official TW (Tuna Watch)!

When a TW is issued, one should be prepared to:

-Keep alert and watch for breaking fish and diving birds
-Listen to her local fish reports & water temp updates
-Review your family or business emergency preparedness plan, in the event you need to bail on all personal and professional commitments, in the event of a tuna WARNING!!
-Review your tackle box for top water lures and cedar plugs
-Be ready to seek shelter within a T-top or flybridge at a moments notice.

Shari, we will be standing by, in the event you are forced to issue a Stage II-TW (Tuna Warning).

We are praying to Carolus, the God of all Tuna................

[Edited on 10-18-2011 by Hook]

woody with a view - 10-19-2011 at 05:41 AM

the tuna have until 5am friday to coax me in. otherwise it's off to the old standby spotfin hole for the usual almehas, corBinas, calicos, maybe a YT, and then we plan to boogie over to Bahia for 2 days to feesh.

it'd good to have options.....C'mon TUNA!

shari - 10-19-2011 at 10:31 AM

yesterday, a wise fisherman said he saw birds and big fish breaking the surface in the bay....hmmm...approaching stage II...just heard on the radio that the boys were into some bigger yellowtail at San Pablo...yeah baby!

Surfdoc got a nice big corvina at Los Chorros yesterday and Dave got a halibut too...cant believe they are still around!..shore fishing tourney shaping up:biggrin:

SiReNiTa - 10-19-2011 at 10:37 AM

Woohooo!! I won't tell my father in law because he'll be itching to get down there...on the other hand...that might be a good thing =P!!!!

BajaDanD - 10-19-2011 at 05:30 PM

2 more weeks. I cant wait it's killing me

shari - 10-20-2011 at 12:33 PM

woo hooo...Juan is back in action now and hooked up Nomad Lee and his buddy Pat from 29 Palms with some bigger yellowtail...biggest was a 28 pounder Pat reeled in...yeah baby!

here are Lee & Pat with their nicest fish of the day...which we all enjoyed as shashimi, ceviche and later Nancy made her famous seared YT with secret sauce and DAvid wowed us once again with his BBQ'ed butterfly YT...kicked butt!!!

shari - 10-20-2011 at 07:01 PM

another epic day on the water here with perfect weather....so great to be onto bigger fish now...some pretty happy guys...got big calicos but no pics of those.