BajaNomad

New Eatery in Asuncion...Dos Lauras

shari - 10-18-2011 at 07:47 AM

There is a new food stand in Asuncion on the main street at the cooperativa beach access. Two Lauras are working hard at their new business and it's paying off...they open before dawn so the local fishermen can have a quick coffee and breakfast before they set out...they also prepare lunches to go which is great for the panga sport fishermen too...they are open every day till around 9 pm too!

But our favorite are the enormous tortas of carne desebrada with lots of fixins on it...and the fries!!! They will make what you want and service always comes with a great big smile.

And if you need a birthday cake...Laura's are divine!
HEre is one she made for Izaak's first birthday party last week... amazing and had cajeta in it...yummy.

desertcpl - 10-18-2011 at 07:56 AM

Boy, is he getting big,

Nan&D - 10-18-2011 at 10:23 AM

yeah, excellent tortas! Full meal deal.
There's also a new fruit and veggie store just up the street across from the Co-op. Carolina and Jaime have a Great selection---very fresh and inviting produce.
N

mulegemichael - 10-18-2011 at 11:00 AM

what's carne desebrada?....you're not pushing burro again are ya shari?

Udo - 10-18-2011 at 04:16 PM

The carne is "SHREDDED".
I could be wrong, Shari, but I think the word is "DESHEBRADA":?:

[Edited on 10-18-2011 by Udo]

ElCap - 10-18-2011 at 08:45 PM

Hey, I went to Shari's burro BBQ a few years ago, and it was delicious, not to mention a great party too. When's the next one - I'll be there!

SiReNiTa - 10-19-2011 at 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
The carne is "SHREDDED".
I could be wrong, Shari, but I think the word is "DESHEBRADA":?:

[Edited on 10-18-2011 by Udo]

RIght you are!

It's just shredded beef with some yummy seasoning.

Izaak LOVED their fries...of course...he likes any fries he can get his hands on, but they have great food and it always tastes better when served with a big smile!

Yummy banana smoothies too :)