BajaNomad

leaving Bahia Asunscion

daveyjoans - 11-4-2011 at 01:55 PM

We have left Bahia Asunscion after a wonderful stay in Campo Sirena.

Dave and I spent two glorious weeks at the campground giving us plenty of time to go out and explore the beautiful coastline and for him to surf and fish. We made wonderful new friends and enjoyed fun times and delicious food at David and Nancys fine galleria.

Juanitas Restaurant served great tasting chilli rellenos and chicken enchiladas.

Over at Loncheria Maria we enjoyed another delicious meal of my favorite chillis rellenos while Dave had shrimp empanizados.

Jonas the son kept us entertained by playing songs of our choice from the internet. I requested Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga which had him cracking up with laughter! He picked some nice late 60's stuff which we truly enjoyed.

thank you Shari and Juan for your wonderful friendship and the knowledge of the area you so gladly share!

Joan

:biggrin:

sanquintinsince73 - 11-4-2011 at 02:25 PM

Are photos forthcoming??

shari - 11-4-2011 at 02:28 PM

sniff sniff....we sure are missin ya already kids...you are gonna miss tomorrow's pot luck...sheesh....hope the swell comes up for ya Dave...enjoy the rest of your adventure and see ya next year!

rts551 - 11-4-2011 at 04:35 PM

Glad you had a good time. I am surprised you didn't eat at Tres Hermanos. Its been a favorite for travelers for a long time and right next to the camp ground. They got up early for Kevin and I before the race last August just to fix him a special breakfast before he got started. Also great is the new Palapa restaurant that is part of Verduzgo's hotel.

Nan&D - 11-4-2011 at 06:35 PM

Good friends, good meals.
The tritip was fabulous, fortunately there was plenty as our friends the daveyjoans chose to step away from the beef!
N

Nan&D - 11-4-2011 at 06:45 PM

On edit, I have been corrected that they broke the"no beef" barrier at this meal.

IMG_2966.JPG - 47kB

BajaRat - 11-4-2011 at 06:52 PM

VIVA Asuncion!