BajaNomad

Cabo Magic 213# Yellowfin Tuna wins Western Outdoor News Tourneo

CaboMagic - 11-4-2011 at 10:22 PM

"Tournament Director Pat McDonell called today the best fishing day in the history of the Los Cabos Tuna Jackpot, as three cows hit the scales to go with a parade of 100- to 190-pound fish.

The big fish of the event went to the Cabo Magic with a 213 that wasn't in any of the jackpots; but the Pennsylvania based husband and wife team could care less--Orville Henseler fought the cow tuna for an incredible 4.5 hours on 50-pound mono to 150-pound Seaguar while his wife, Cindy, looked on. The catch will give them 80 percent of the $43,500 in the overall jackpot."

Tommy & Lori Garcia's Team CABO MAGICŪ extends hearty CONGRATULATIONS to Orville and Cindy, Captain Hector and Co-Captain ChaCha + all participants ..

[Edited on 11-5-2011 by CaboMagic]

tuna.jpg - 33kB

Phil S - 11-5-2011 at 07:03 AM

4.5 hours!!!! Guy must be a superman. I can't imagine myself 'winding' for more than half an hour. Nice purse. Hope he tips the crew well !!!!

capt. mike - 11-5-2011 at 09:05 AM

about $8K an hour or so. nice work if you can get it.
congrats to the Garcias team.

DianaT - 11-5-2011 at 09:18 AM

Congrats.

CaboMagic - 11-5-2011 at 04:10 PM

Thank you for your kindnesses .. We are proud of the efforts put forth by all crews and add that Captain Hector was nicknamed "Fish Collector" by VIP guests in 1998 when we first offered "CABO MAGIC" as a charter boat - He is very deserving of this special place in Cabo San Lucas fishing history.

Heres another photo of the 213# Yellowfin Tuna ..

Magic best wishes to all.

Some day I hope to be technology proficient - in the meantime thank goodness for patience!
heres another try at adding the photo ...

tuna3.jpg - 36kB

Sallysouth - 11-5-2011 at 06:16 PM

Wow, awesome Cabo Magic!!Thats a really long time to "reel one in"! Kudos to Orville!! Good job Cabo Magic!!!

wessongroup - 11-5-2011 at 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil S
4.5 hours!!!! Guy must be a superman. I can't imagine myself 'winding' for more than half an hour. Nice purse. Hope he tips the crew well !!!!

Ditto's...

CaboMagic - 11-9-2011 at 10:33 PM

Hola Amigos and Amigas ... All comments acknowledged and many gracias's once again!

For lots of details on the 2011 Western Outdoor News (WON) Tuna Tournament coverage please go to www.bajafisherman.com - Many of you know this is Robin Wade's gig .. thus a Shout out to Robin Wade ... and a nod to Tracy Ehrenberg of Pisces Fishing Fleet for writing the touching story details of Team CABO MAGICŪ VIP Guests Orville & Cindy ...

For us, its always about our guests ..

Magic best wishes all ~ ~

shari - 11-10-2011 at 09:41 AM

muchas felizidades to a deserving team all round....way to go team!!!!! and WON and Robin of course....that is some big cow all right!!! All we do is dream of tuna these days.

CaboMagic - 11-19-2011 at 08:01 AM

Thanks again .. and Orville's "story behind the story" is heartwarming .. for anyone interested, we've posted photos on our website from Orville and Cindy.

CaboMagic - 11-23-2011 at 07:41 AM

Jonathan Roldan's eloquent telling of Orville's "Tragic to Magic" <Pat McDonnell> "Tomorrow is Already Here" in Western Outdoor News and also on his blog jonathanroldan.com .. and while you are there enjoy much more of his stuff .. what a gift J ..