BajaNomad

Beach Camping in November

acadist - 11-5-2011 at 05:33 AM

I need my Baja fix! I am thinking about doing a beach camping trip around thanksgiving. This would be the first time doing this type of Baja journey and wanted a little input. Where are good places to go that I could catch a few fish from the beach at that time of year. I have always fished from pangas and other boats so also need to know what kind of tackle I would need.

David K - 11-5-2011 at 08:48 AM

Anywhere from San Felipe south!

acadist - 11-6-2011 at 08:03 AM

:lol:
Thanks David!

Bajaboy - 11-6-2011 at 08:45 AM

We make an annual trip to Playa San Rafael the weekend before Thanksgiving.
It's a great beach with decent fishing that time year. Pancho who lives there is a good guy. He has a palapa for use on the beach....he does not charge per se but does accept donations.

Keep an eye on the west coast weather. If you see Santa Anas conditions building, then I'd reconsider as the winds will be nasty in upper Baja Sea of Cortez.

zac

Ken Cooke - 11-6-2011 at 11:14 AM

I'd recommend Bahia de los Angeles and Punta San Francisquito. Not necessarily for the fishing, but for the beach camping. Being further south, the weather might be a little warmer whle not placing you too far south for your return trip.

Free camping north of El Huerfanito (N. of Gonzaga Bay/S. of Puertecitos)

Be sure to stop and help unreliable Japanese cars :yes:

Frigatebird at Punta San Francisquito

David's Bronco at Punta San Francisquito

acadist - 11-6-2011 at 11:14 AM

Where exactly is that? I don't recognize the name from my trips to Mulege and La Paz

Ken Cooke - 11-6-2011 at 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by acadist
Where exactly is that? I don't recognize the name from my trips to Mulege and La Paz

Hope this helps. San Francisquito is north of El Barril, along the 'Cortez.

David K - 11-6-2011 at 12:30 PM

I recognize that map! LOL

acadist - 11-12-2011 at 05:37 AM

Asuncion it is:D If anyoneone is in the area you will know us, look for the 2 boys having a blast with thier dad on an adventure!

bajabass - 11-12-2011 at 06:31 AM

Enjoy Acadist! I've made quick overnight stops at Juan and Shari's place on a couple border runs. Though it is about an hour each way from Vizcaino, the people and the place are worth the extra time, even for an overnighter!! Looks to be a great camping/shorefishing zone, and I plan on spending more time there when the chance arises.

Bob and Susan - 11-12-2011 at 06:48 AM

bring a propane heater!!!

"baby it's cold outside"

acadist - 11-12-2011 at 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
bring a propane heater!!!

"baby it's cold outside"

HAHAHA cold relative:spingrin: It is 20-30 deg at night here now, but advice well taken.

Bajaboy - 11-12-2011 at 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by acadist
Asuncion it is:D If anyoneone is in the area you will know us, look for the 2 boys having a blast with thier dad on an adventure!

When will you be there? After camping at Playa San Rafael, we're heading to our place there for Thanksgiving for a few days. We'll return a three weeks later for Christmas. You're always welcome to stop by.

Hopefully our paths will cross.

Zac

acadist - 11-12-2011 at 10:13 AM

We are planning on coming down on Sunday the 27th and leaving Thursday. Never been to that area before but am looking forward to it. I have traveled many times with 'the guys' on fishing trips but this is going to be a new experience, the kids have been to Loreto and La Paz but this will be a new experience for them camping on the beach rather than in the pine trees in CO. Any suggestions as far as things to do, places to eat and good deserted beaches would be welcomed.