BajaNomad

Sunday Breakfast at Tapanco Restaurant, Rosarito

Gypsy Jan - 11-7-2011 at 06:21 PM

We arrived at about 9:00 am and the restaurant was half full.

The tortilla lady was busy making fresh flour and corn tortillas.

We took a table outside on the patio where there is a beautiful rock waterfall fountain.

Before ordering, we were served a basket of fresh, hot corn tortilla chips with a bowl of fire-roasted tomato salsa (very mildly spicy).

Hubby ordered the vegetarian omelet (spinach, (fresh mushrooms; onions, bell pepper, with added cheese and bacon) which came with skin-on pan-fried potatoes with onions and bell pepper, refried beans topped with queso anejo , toast, a basket of freshly prepared flour and corn tortillas and homemade guava jam and marmalade, About $6.00 U.S.

I had the rib eye steak and eggs. Two eggs, a medium-sized steak, the same pan-fried potatoes w/onion and bell peppers, refried beans, toast. $7.35 U.S. (I remember this because I couldn’t believe the price).

The endless cup of coffee was excellent, mellow with a hint of cinnamon, poured from a battered percolator. I joked with the owner that he had the best Cowboy coffee I have ever tasted.

Service was excellent. attentive and most of the waiters were bilingual.

Tapanco has a full bar with an extensive selection of Mexican beers (Bohemia, etc., but no micro-brews).

By the time we left, there was an hour wait to be seated.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150774-d1861243-...

[Edited on 11-8-2011 by Gypsy Jan]

Santiago - 11-7-2011 at 06:30 PM

Sounds like my kind of breakfast joint; though what the sexual orientation of the waiters have to do with it is beyond me.

Udo - 11-7-2011 at 06:31 PM

That was a pretty fancy b-fast, Jan.
From other reviews, I can see it is a worthwhile place to visit!

Hey Santiago

Gypsy Jan - 11-7-2011 at 06:34 PM

I think that you mean bi-lengual.

Just a thought. :lol:

krafty - 11-7-2011 at 06:50 PM

Our favorite restaurant down here, for any meal! Alfredo, who runs the place, is also "#12" which was his # in the birth order of his family!

Old joke

Dave - 11-12-2011 at 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
I think that you mean bi-lengual.

Just a thought. :lol:

What do you call a person with three languages?

Trilingual.

Two?

Bilingual.

One?

Gringo.