BajaNomad

Back to Baja: Winter turns into summer

windgrrl - 11-8-2011 at 06:58 PM

Just landed in the East Cape. Drove a truck and RV trailer. The roads were passable using common sense, the locals were polite, the service at gas stations was great, for those with sanitary obsessions - the bathrooms were fine (Baja Cactus' are under construction) and most had paper, the checkpoints were friendly, the service at restaurants and RV parks was outstanding, the locals were friendly, the drivers were careful and polite. The only dangerous driver was from California. There was no crime in evidence at the roadside, just ordinary folks working hard and enjoying what they have all the way down Baja. Baja is beautiful.

Ateo - 11-8-2011 at 07:09 PM

Good report. People will be happy to hear about the bathroom report. :D

dtbushpilot - 11-8-2011 at 07:32 PM

Welcome back windgrrl.......dt

Alan - 11-8-2011 at 09:32 PM

As of tonight I think winter has returned to Baja. At least here in La Paz. We have had a north wind blowing all day and this evening I even put on long pants to go to dinner. Right now I'm still debating whether I will actually need ice cubes in my c-cktail. Really, the thermometer actually dropped below 70!

BajaBlanca - 11-8-2011 at 09:43 PM

even cold in la bocana !!! brrrrrrrrrrrrrr winter has arrived officially methinks. bathroom report for santa rosalia - the pemex in the middle of town's bathroom was filthy. a first. and no paper. but soap water and towels to dry hands on.