BajaNomad

El Pan Mejor de Tecate

Kalypso - 11-13-2011 at 08:55 AM

Did a day trip to Tecate with 4 friends on Friday. We had an absolutely fabulous day, and we just about had the city to ourselves.

We walked across and our first stop was El Pan Mejor de Tecate . It had been a really long time since I'd last been there, which is probably not a bad thing. If I'd been visiting regularly I would be as big as the side of a barn. Their pastries and baked goods are kinda hard to resist, or at least they are for me.

They serve up some of the best bread, baked goods and pastries on either side of the border. I'd put them up against most of the panaderias on the mainland too, and I supsect they would easily come out on top. Panchita's at 28th & C (or is it B, I always forget) in San Diego does a great job and is good for when one needs a panaderia fix, but El Mejor Pan pretty much leaves them in the dust. Perhaps it's their wood fired brick baking oven. If you crave carbs with your sugar this place will certainly fill the bill :yes:

El Pan Mejor de Tecate
Av. Juárez 331
Open 24/7
5 minute walk (or less) if crossing on foot
Walking or driving, after crossing, go straight down to Av. Juárez (2nd stoplight I think), turn left and go 3 or 4 more blocks and you're there. Your nose will let you know when you get close. Small parking lot in front, but street parking didn't appear to be terribly difficult on Friday morning.

KurtG - 11-13-2011 at 09:18 AM

I think their whole wheat bread is the best anywhere.

El Pan Mejor de Tecate iHas a Store in Rosarito

Gypsy Jan - 11-13-2011 at 05:21 PM

In the strip mall that hosts a large Roma pharmacy, the Nextel headquarters and the Telcel headquarters.

I noticed it a couple of months ago and now it is a must go taste.