BajaNomad

TTORA in AZ Rocks (did David K have anything to do with this article?)

Ken Cooke - 11-14-2011 at 08:17 PM

The January 2012 issue of FOURWHEELER Magazine is chock full of modified 2005+ Tacomas - including a real nice Taco on 40" tires, coilovers with a straight axle conversation, etc. These guys would do great on the trails in Baja that the rest of the Baja 4WD clubs tackle.

I did notice that the pickups that did the more serious trails had their pickup beds removed and were converted into flatbeds for a more sturdy foundation.

As for the stability controls, I don't know if these could be turned off and pulled out entirely for better handling in mud and sand like you can with a Jeep. Regardless, it was a great article that ppl should pick up when the issue hits the magazine stands.

David K - 11-15-2011 at 12:42 AM

Not me. I love new technology... IFS and traction controls make my Tacoma ride real nice.

Cream puff

Ken Cooke - 11-15-2011 at 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Not me. I love new technology... IFS and traction controls make my Tacoma ride real nice.

I think the article wanted to focus attention away from the Nanny controls and A-Trac traction aids. These trucks with heavy American axles and large tires are built to compete with Jeeps and the article showed what these builders were capable of producing.

Soft suspensions and comfort are not necessarily a bad thing. Neither are full beds that aren't hacked off. But, TTORA looks to be shying away from this in other pursuits.