BajaNomad

Fishing Guide Cabo Suggestions

Iflyfish - 11-23-2011 at 10:37 AM

I don't normally hang in Cabo so don't know the fishing there. We have friends going to Cabo in January who have inquired as to a good fishing guide. The are not wealthy. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Iflyfish

bajabass - 11-23-2011 at 10:52 AM

Panga or small cruiser? Target fish?? Depending on budget and time of year, the choices are endless. Narrow down the options, then try a post on Bloody Decks, and be thick skinned. Rowdy bunch, but a very info-filled site. So, budget, type of fish desired, if available then, panga or cruiser, or a real sportfisher. Stick with a company or individual with a known reputation, via this or other websites.

Iflyfish - 11-23-2011 at 03:07 PM

Thanks bajabass, this is exactly what I was looking for. This will allow him to learn to fish, rather than my catching them for him. I appreciate your thoughtful response. Keep your tip up!

Iflyfish

David K - 11-23-2011 at 03:09 PM

Cabo Magic (good people and Nomads, too)

http://cabomagic.com/

[Edited on 11-23-2011 by David K]

Sallysouth - 11-23-2011 at 03:10 PM

How about CaboMagic?Never fished with them but they sure are good folks, and have an outstanding reputation!

bajabass - 11-23-2011 at 04:35 PM

A few well thought out questions come to mind. What is biting where in January? What would be the most cost efficient way to get on the fish? A panga from SJDC might be closer to the action than a slow ride on a cruiser from CSL. I would try a U2U to Cabo Magic for sure. From reading their posts in the past, they sound like a class act. By all means, study the fish reports for the month leading up to your date. You may change plans accordingly. Bring a beach rod and some jigs, ect. Possibly jacks, roosters, snook from the beaches and rocks. Most of all, ENJOY!!

Iflyfish - 11-23-2011 at 05:30 PM

Thanks again, I will refer my friend to this thread and your thoughtful responses.

Iflyfish