BajaNomad

T-Day Dinner at Splash Restaurant, Rosarito

Gypsy Jan - 11-24-2011 at 06:23 PM

OK, so last weekend our daughter came down and we did the home-cooked family Thanksgiving on Saturday - what a feast and lots of leftovers.

So, by Thursday, I thought we would be "turkeyed-out", but, no, the hubby said, "Let's go out for dinner."

We arrived at Splash at 3:00 pm, which was perfect timing for the winter's eve view of the setting sun over the Pacific ocean and the level of business - they were completely sold out for later.

We were served pumpkin cream soup, turkey and dressing and fresh mashed potatoes, all three covered with gravy, cranberry sauce, sauteed fresh green beans w/bacon and onions and dinner roll.

Dessert was a choice of pumpkin or pecan pie (both made in-house).

Also, a glass of white or red house wine was included.

All the tables around us were oohing and aahing about how good the food was.

What was the cost? $10.95 U.S. per person.

[Edited on 11-25-2011 by Gypsy Jan]

Udo - 11-24-2011 at 07:16 PM

Sounds like the food we ate @ my sister's.

DENNIS - 11-24-2011 at 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
What was the cost? $10.95 U.S. per person.

That's the best price I've seen for a Thankgiving dinner. With the price of Turkey, I don't see how they can do that and make money.

Woooosh - 11-24-2011 at 07:21 PM

Sounds like a very good meal at a fair price... refreshing actually. It's nice when restaurants don't try to fleece their customers- everyone knows how much a turkey costs and that price shows they know who their customer is.

Beat me to it Dennis. BTW- I got a #20 Safeway Turkey for $9 and a #15 Butterball Turkey for $13.

[Edited on 11-25-2011 by Woooosh]

Sallysouth - 11-24-2011 at 07:29 PM

Day before yesterday I was in Stater Bros, doing some last minute shopping.There were famlies of Mexicanos with shopping baskets piled high, like maybe 20? of frozen turkeys. I mentiontion this to Mija, she said"pretty smart! Can't find them much SOB!"It must be difficult to raise turkeys in Baja.Or is it costly? I know nuthing(Klink said) about turkeys.That price for a good turkey dinner is hard to beat anywhere!

DENNIS - 11-24-2011 at 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Beat me to it Dennis. BTW- I got a #20 Safeway Turkey for $9 and a #15 Butterball Turkey for $13.

WOW...great prices. I was looking at a couple of birds here the other day and the price took my breath away.
I thought there was a large Turkey industry in Mexico. Are they sending everything north....as usual?
Oh well.....it's not supposed to be a big day here anyway.

Check out this little beauty:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/104279/infusion-bbq-press...

BornFisher - 11-24-2011 at 09:08 PM

Jan-- Glad Splash was a hit, it always is. I was in there the other day asking Nick about Thanksgiving dinner and asking if he was really serving turkey or turkey vulture. Or seagull or pelican!! Then when someone asked him "how do you say 'turkey' in spanish" he said "Bill". GRRRRRRRRRR.....................

woody with a view - 11-25-2011 at 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh

WOW...great prices. I was looking at a couple of birds here the other day and the price took my breath away.
I thought there was a large Turkey industry in Mexico. Are they sending everything north....as usual?
Oh well.....it's not supposed to be a big day here anyway.

Check out this little beauty:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/104279/infusion-bbq-press...

this is going to grace my Xmas dinner table this year..... mmmm.
http://www.cajungrocer.com/quaducant-quail-duck-pheasant-p-1...

yellowklr - 11-25-2011 at 05:38 PM

Yes my wife and I were there as well for the Turkey and wow what a deal!!!! Who knew Turkey and Negro Modelo draft went so well together............