BajaNomad

Orphanage "Buena Vida Casa Hogar" in La Mision fund Raiser

cjesme - 11-27-2011 at 08:42 AM

Hi my Nomad Friends,
It is that time of year again!!
I have found a small orphanage here in La Mision (Baja) that needs much help. There are 30 children that reside at the home.
I am looking to raise 30 blanket donations(new), 30 bed pillows(new) that I can wrap for each child.
I will have individual Christmas Bags made up for each child.
The Orphanage just had their electricity turned back on by a very giving American and it is very cold down here right now! This orphanage is soooo sad.
It is called" Buena Vida Casa Hogar" it is located right here in La Mision. Anything you can do to spread the word would be wonderful!!
Any monetary donations that you can send will purchase the items we need.
We track "ALL" donations and receipts for you to see!
We will need time to purchase all items so we ask that the donations are received prior to Dec. 18th

Carla Jesme
629 South Kalmia
Escondido, CA 92025
Mex Land Line # 646-155-1088
Cell Phone # 760-807-9353
Magic Jack # 760-666-1072
email: cjesme@yahoo.com

Once Again,Thank you for you help!:wow:

[Edited on 11-27-2011 by cjesme]

cjesme - 11-27-2011 at 10:25 AM

Thanks Carol Marshall!!
Carol has the contact for Blankets at cost down in Ensenada. Carol and I are going to the Orphanage Monday 11/28/11 to see what exactly else they need. We will be taking a look at the kitchen, etc.

BajaBlanca - 11-27-2011 at 09:51 PM

price on the blankets at cost ????

cjesme - 11-28-2011 at 07:15 AM

Yes Blanca, a man we know said he can go to a warehouse in Ensenada and get a very good price. I will be finalizing much of this by Friday! I go to the Orphanage this morning to get the childrens names, ages, sizes, etc, and to take a look at their kitchen and what exactly they need.

I will post when I have more info available. Thank you for your interest. Last year a few Nomads really helped!!!

bajamedic - 11-28-2011 at 12:47 PM

cjesme, do you want 30 new hand made quilts or are you wanting to purchase in Mexico? JH

cjesme - 11-28-2011 at 05:49 PM

Actually I just found out there are 31 children. What is the cost of hand made quilts?? I know they are beautiful when hand made but I can get the heavy Mex. blankets for $8 a piece.

bajamedic - 11-28-2011 at 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cjesme
Actually I just found out there are 31 children. What is the cost of hand made quilts?? I know they are beautiful when hand made but I can get the heavy Mex. blankets for $8 a piece.

cjesme
The cost of the hand made quilts and shipping to you are covered, I just wanted to know your preference for the kids. JH

[Edited on 11-29-2011 by bajamedic]

cjesme - 11-28-2011 at 07:00 PM

JH, What a wonderful gift!! I have a mailing address in the states and I will be making 2 trips up there before Dec. 19th. I can now spend the money on other things they need. God Bless you and your noble soul!
Carla Jesme
629 South Kalmia
Escondido, CA 92025

or
I live in La Mision K64 if there is a pick up point!!

bajamedic - 11-28-2011 at 08:15 PM

Quote:
JH, What a wonderful gift!! I have a mailing address in the states and I will be making 2 trips up there before Dec. 19th. I can now spend the money on other things they need. God Bless you and your noble soul!
Carla Jesme
629 South Kalmia
Escondido, CA 92025

or
I live in La Mision K64 if there is a pick up point!!

We will be shipping them out this Friday, we will ship them to your Escondido home and my wife actually does the hard part. ;) JH

cjesme - 11-29-2011 at 06:54 AM

PLEASE let us know when you can come for a visit to our Beautiful Baja!! I would love to meet you!! I told some friends about your wonderful gift! It is soooo very exciting!
I should have you ship the blankets to a friends business to be sure they do not just get dropped at the house.

Please mail them to:
Situational Leadership Studies
Attn: Steve Caldwell
230 West Third Ave
Escondido, CA 92025

cjesme - 11-29-2011 at 08:56 AM

Facebook: Orphanage Buena Vida

cjesme - 11-30-2011 at 07:39 AM

Please help Buena Vida Orphanage

NEED:
40 forks
40 knives
40 small spoons
15 energy efficient light bulbs
6 large serving spoons
40 plastic dinner plates
40 plastic cereal bowls
plastic containiers w/ covers (large)
2 broom
2 mop
2 mop buckets
toothbrushes
toothpaste
combs
brushed
had cream
bar soap
bath towels
ride toys for the playground

I have already gotten the blankets (31 hand made quilts)
Thank You Baja Medic!!

cjesme - 12-1-2011 at 06:53 AM

We have been introduced to Bill who has great connections in the states for all personal hygiene items!! He is supplying all we need!

Thank You Bill!

We will be gathering all we get and keeping in one location so that we can disperse as needed. Christmas is going to be wonderful!!

What we need now is to focus on the playground!
We need a truck load of sand, a truck load of gravel, about $100 each. We will need spray paint(non toxic) for the swing set(about 20 cans)(ten white and ten blue) we need manual labor and a smile from some of our donators.
Any takers or people of interest?

cjesme - 12-2-2011 at 10:26 PM

WE HAVE JUST RECEIVED A PORTABLE BASKET BALL HOOP!!

SANTA IS GOING TO BE VERY BUSY!!!!!

bajamedic - 12-2-2011 at 10:33 PM

cjesme, I left a message on your cell phone earlier, I am just following up, as many people do not answer unknown numbers on their cell phones. My packages should be there on Tuesday. JH

cjesme - 12-3-2011 at 07:58 AM

I am sorry I missed your call! I will be looking forward the the packages!

You and your wife are such angels!

Carlita

cjesme - 12-3-2011 at 09:22 AM

It was nice talking to you JH!!!
Keep in touch and we hope you DO join us down here in the future!! Our on going efforts may pnly be complete with angels like you!!!!

tripledigitken - 12-4-2011 at 09:08 AM

bump

cjesme - 12-4-2011 at 06:18 PM

tripledigitken, Thank you for your email! I look forward to meeting up with you and going to Buena Vida with you to deliver your GREAT gift!! I will take the items off our list when I hear from you!

Thank You sooooo much!

Carlita

cjesme - 12-4-2011 at 06:28 PM

All I can say is WOW!
JH just called me and wants to do more!! He and his wife want to know what else we need! There are so many wonderful people in the world. It gives me much faith and smiles from the inside out!!

[Edited on 12-5-2011 by cjesme]

cjesme - 12-5-2011 at 07:44 AM

Ken (tripledigitken)
Thank You Ken!!~!
Plates, Bowls, Flatware........off the list!!!!

cjesme - 12-5-2011 at 09:11 AM

Marcy McCann, THANK YOU for your donation! I am going to Buena Vida this morning around 10:30 am. Will be finalizing Santa's visit on the 24th. Also doing another walk through of the play ground. The kids are worth every single thing we do to help them!

cjesme - 12-5-2011 at 07:13 PM

bump

info

John M - 12-6-2011 at 08:17 PM

please check your u2u

thanks

cjesme - 12-7-2011 at 06:29 AM

Thank You John and Barbara!!

cjesme - 12-7-2011 at 08:15 AM

Buena Vida Wrapping Party
Dec. 20th 1pm
La Mision

If you can join us please u2u me
I will send the directions to you!
We would love to have you!!

cjesme - 12-7-2011 at 09:41 AM

John,
We received the Quilts!! I will be picking them up on the 15th!!!
Thank You!!

cjesme - 12-7-2011 at 05:40 PM

John, You are a phenomenal person. I just called my girlfriend about finishing the playground!!! We are so very excited!!! I will be sending you before and after pictures!!! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!

cjesme - 12-8-2011 at 08:48 AM

Sat. Dec 10th we have a fundraiser for the kids. We have about 20-25 horse back riders, donating money to ride with us, to go towards the food and extra items we have not gotten yet. We are all dressing up in Christmas attire with a Santa and riding through the town of La Mision to hand out candy to the kids. We will ride to the Orphanage and surprise our adopted family. With the wonderful donation from our Baja Nomad members we will be able to finish the playground!! This is what Christmas is all about!!!

cjesme - 12-8-2011 at 06:49 PM

bump

cjesme - 12-9-2011 at 07:20 AM

bump

cjesme - 12-10-2011 at 07:48 AM

HOHOHO Santa is riding on horse back today with the La Mision Equestrians. We are handing our candy to all the kids. Every rider is paying a donation to ride and all monies go to Buena Vida! This is what Christmas is all about!

cjesme - 12-12-2011 at 07:05 AM

Going Shopping for the kids from Buena Vida Orphanage on Wed.♥ So far we have checks waiting in the States and $280 towards food and small gifts for their Christmas bags! Great job all!!!

cjesme - 12-12-2011 at 04:51 PM

Heading to the States to pick up gifts for the kids on Wed. Returning on Fri morning!!

bump

captkw - 12-13-2011 at 05:18 PM

what is this bump stuff???:?:

tripledigitken - 12-13-2011 at 06:07 PM

It's to bring the thread into the current position, so more readers will see it. Hopefully donating to her cause.

Ken

bump

captkw - 12-13-2011 at 07:12 PM

not to hijack,,2 second's after I posted question, I stupidly got IT thru my under sized brain ! :lol: for the KID'S BUMP !!

tripledigitken - 12-13-2011 at 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
not to hijack,,2 second's after I posted question, I stupidly got IT thru my under sized brain ! :lol: for the KID'S BUMP !!

First time I saw it used I asked as well.

;)

cjesme - 12-14-2011 at 07:36 AM

Spoke with Ken, who donated ALL the kitchen flatware and plates and bowls, I am meeting him today to pick everything up. THANK YOU MY FELLOW NOMAD!

cjesme - 12-14-2011 at 07:40 AM

Ken, I am still thinking about my Venti Tuxedo Cafe Mocha...looking forward to meeting you1

cjesme - 12-15-2011 at 08:49 AM

It was very nice meeting my fellow Nomad Tirpledigitken! Ken donated all the plates, bowls and flatware for the orphanage! Thank You!! We are looking forward to you coming down to visit and take pictures of the kids for us. You will really appreciate what we are doing there!

cjesme - 12-15-2011 at 09:12 AM

Baja Medic, John and Deb, THANK YOU!!! Your donation will keep the kids warm and upgrade the whole playground!!! New gravel so the kids won't be walking around in mud. New sand so the kids can play and not get hurt. New paint so the paint chips on the picnic tables and swing set will look new and we will still have money left over to buy food! I will be going to the Food Warehouse in Ensenada to spend what ever we have left. Thank You so much! It sounds like your dad loved Baja as much as I do!! Pictures will follow, after our upgrade is finished!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

cjesme - 12-16-2011 at 07:58 PM

bump

cjesme - 12-18-2011 at 07:31 AM

Had the Mini Putt fund raiser for the kids Dec 17th. Raised $160 to go towards non-perishables..
Thank You All!!

BAJACAT - 12-18-2011 at 08:18 AM

cjesme, check your u2u...

cjesme - 12-19-2011 at 09:30 AM

Hi Bajacat! I just replied to U2U
Thank you for your interest in helping!!

Carlita

cjesme - 12-20-2011 at 01:48 AM

Wrapping day Tuesday!!!!!

bajamedic - 12-20-2011 at 09:36 AM

Quote:
Wrapping day Tuesday!!!!!

cjesme, thank you for what you are doing for the kids. JH:saint:

John M - 12-22-2011 at 09:22 AM

cjesme please check u2u

john m

Buena Vida Orphanage

LFUENTES7 - 4-12-2012 at 09:44 AM

Hello Nomad friends,

My name is Luis Fuentes and recently returned from visiting Buena Vida A. C. (Casa Hogar) or Buena Vida Orphanage.

Since I noticed several folks were able to contribute last winter I decided to ask about the recurring assistance being provided.

In any case, I was also hoping for some additional information on the Buena Vida Orphanage since they indeed need a lot of help and are in need of basic food supplies, building materials and would like to setup recurring donations for each child -they currently have 29 children under their care. One of them "Vicky" is turning 15 years old on April 21, 2012 and needs donations for her birthday celebration.

Please contact me at 310.987.8766 in case you want to make any donations. My church is also going to make a special collection to obtain cash for basic foodstuffs and supplies. My intention is to provide direct assistance to Mercedes and Gabriel Diego, as they are currently administering this orphanage.

May God bless you.

-Luis Fuentes

P. S. I attend Anza Baptist Church in Torrance, CA.

https://www.facebook.com/buenavida.orfanatorio

Quote:

Hi my Nomad Friends,
It is that time of year again!!
I have found a small orphanage here in La Mision (Baja) that needs much help. There are 30 children that reside at the home.
I am looking to raise 30 blanket donations(new), 30 bed pillows(new) that I can wrap for each child.
I will have individual Christmas Bags made up for each child.
The Orphanage just had their electricity turned back on by a very giving American and it is very cold down here right now! This orphanage is soooo sad.
It is called" Buena Vida Casa Hogar" it is located right here in La Mision. Anything you can do to spread the word would be wonderful!!
Any monetary donations that you can send will purchase the items we need.
We track "ALL" donations and receipts for you to see!
We will need time to purchase all items so we ask that the donations are received prior to Dec. 18th

Carla Jesme
629 South Kalmia
Escondido, CA 92025
Mex Land Line # 646-155-1088
Cell Phone # 760-807-9353
Magic Jack # 760-666-1072
email: cjesme@yahoo.com

Once Again,Thank you for you help!:wow:

[Edited on 11-27-2011 by cjesme]

BajaBlanca - 4-13-2012 at 08:05 AM

welcome to BajaNomad Luis - your first post is a most beautiful one !! One of these days I must get over to the orphanage .... Where is Carlos Slim when we need him ?? A little donation from his pocket would make a world of difference here....

Is this the place started by Gabriel Diego?

thebajarunner - 4-13-2012 at 01:35 PM

Gabe started out life in the valley and spent most of his younger years at the La Puerta de Fe orphanage.
He was also involved in one of the La Fonda restaurant and bars some time back.
This place was started, I hear, as an "old folks home" and is now an orphanage.
Same place?
Just wondering....

Can someone answer my simple question???

thebajarunner - 4-14-2012 at 09:43 AM

You are all so busy "Bumping"
Stop, read, respond
Put the "bump" in the "Dump"

Buena Vida A. C. Orphanage

LFUENTES7 - 4-14-2012 at 04:11 PM

All,

It is important to know that this orphanage needs all the help they can get -it does not matter who is running it if they are following Jesus Christ and Christian faith principles.

I hope you can help.

May God Bless You.

-Luis Fuentes

Did I hit a sore spot??!!

thebajarunner - 4-14-2012 at 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LFUENTES7
All,

It is important to know that this orphanage needs all the help they can get -it does not matter who is running it if they are following Jesus Christ and Christian faith principles.

I hope you can help.

May God Bless You.

-Luis Fuentes

Some folks run orphanages for the benefit of the kids (Good!)

Some folks run orphanages to benefit themselves (Not Good!!)

I still would like to know which one started your place?
Cuz I have my suspicions....
Just wondering,

BajaBlanca - 4-14-2012 at 04:31 PM

cjesme is the only one who MIGHT be able to answer the question about how the orpahanage started and she is obviously traveling/unavailable and not on the internet today .... have patience and your question will soon be answered BajaRunner !!

In the meantime the bumping is to get the word out that the kids need food on the table.....also, I think there is a lot of info on the background and photos of the kids on facebook ....

BUENA VIDA A. C. Orphanage Needs Help not Suspicion

LFUENTES7 - 4-14-2012 at 05:55 PM

Bajarunner et al,

What possible benefit do you get out of posting your suspicions -do you have any proof of anyone profiting from trying to provide help for these kids?

I know the answer to your question and chose not to disclose all the details of the management as a non profit organization because it is being formalized in the U. S.

In the meantime, here is some information to help you decide to send a biweekly donation if you decide to help.

This orphanage is in dire need of help for the 29 children that are been fed three times a day and are being cared for by Mercedes, Gabriel, Eloisa, Diego and others.

These folks are doing this out if charity and do not earn any income from any donation. Mercedes worked at another orphanage where she grew up and met her husband and Eloisa takes care of 14 girls 5-to-15 years old and Diego Barajas takes care of 15 boys 4-to-12 years old.

The Anonymous Society (A. C.) in Mexico is the legal classification of a non profit organization -Gabriel and others (like me) are trying to file and obtain all the IRS paperwork to officially make this a non profit organization recognized by the US government -in the meantime, food and supplies are desperately needed and cannot wait.

Finally, it appears that you have a chip on your shoulder about Gabriel Diego; all I can tell you is that I've learned that each and everyone of these kids were either abused, or suffered hunger living out on the streets or were removed from their parents due to legal problems with one parent or another -some do not have one or both parents, just like Gabriel Diego -he grew up in an orphanage and now runs this one as a Christian mission.

So if you like to help, please contact Clara, myself or anyone willing to work for these needy kids and avoid using this as a platform to display your un-founded concerns.

I can be reached by phone if you like more details vis-a-vis my three (3) day trip to the orphanage.

May God Bless all helpers and cheerful givers.

-Luis Fuentes

Thank you for answering my question

thebajarunner - 4-14-2012 at 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LFUENTES7
Bajarunner et al,

What possible benefit do you get out of posting your suspicions -do you have any proof of anyone profiting from trying to provide help for these kids?

I know the answer to your question and chose not to disclose all the details of the management as a non profit organization because it is being formalized in the U. S.

In the meantime, here is some information to help you decide to send a biweekly donation if you decide to help.

This orphanage is in dire need of help for the 29 children that are been fed three times a day and are being cared for by Mercedes, Gabriel, Eloisa, Diego and others.

These folks are doing this out if charity and do not earn any income from any donation. Mercedes worked at another orphanage where she grew up and met her husband and Eloisa takes care of 14 girls 5-to-15 years old and Diego Barajas takes care of 15 boys 4-to-12 years old.

The Anonymous Society (A. C.) in Mexico is the legal classification of a non profit organization -Gabriel and others (like me) are trying to file and obtain all the IRS paperwork to officially make this a non profit organization recognized by the US government -in the meantime, food and supplies are desperately needed and cannot wait.

Finally, it appears that you have a chip on your shoulder about Gabriel Diego; all I can tell you is that I've learned that each and everyone of these kids were either abused, or suffered hunger living out on the streets or were removed from their parents due to legal problems with one parent or another -some do not have one or both parents, just like Gabriel Diego -he grew up in an orphanage and now runs this one as a Christian mission.

So if you like to help, please contact Clara, myself or anyone willing to work for these needy kids and avoid using this as a platform to display your un-founded concerns.

I can be reached by phone if you like more details vis-a-vis my three (3) day trip to the orphanage.

May God Bless all helpers and cheerful givers.

-Luis Fuentes

Let's take this up off Nomad,
Making life as good as possible for the kids is the issue here,
the other "stuff" we can discuss in private.

LFUENTES7 - 12-21-2012 at 01:46 PM

Dear Baja Nomad Friends,

During the upcoming days I will be delivering items donated by the Anza Baptist Church to the 29 children at the Buena Vida Orphanage. My hope is to pray with these kids and to teach them the history of the birth of Jesus Christ and to worship God, sing, dance and celebrate Christmas.

Thank you for all your support in helping the kids enjoy Christmas as a true celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. Also, I will be delivering toys donated by the Cheers for Children organization and items from Corazon de Vida.

Thank you God Almighty for making this possible and for allowing others and me to worship and celebrate and honor Your name.

May God Bless You!

-Luis Fuentes
310.303.9034 (New Phone)

LIST OF DONORS BY ORGANIZATION OR NAME

ANZA BAPTIST CHURCH
CHEERS FOR CHILDREN
CORAZON DE VIDA
FUENTES FAMILY

P. S. The Child of Hope Organization is collecting one time and recurring donations for this orphanage. Please access the following site if you are interested in helping these children. URL:

www.achildshopefoundation.org/buena_vida.html