BajaNomad

Most excellent week on the water...(WARNING...eye rolling material)

shari - 11-28-2011 at 09:36 PM

After a simply horrific sunday of gale force ENE, hot, dry, sandy winds... Monday came in like a lamb all soft and cuddly so Capt. Bob and his tocayo Bob from playa Naranjos set out to do some serious fishing with Faustino. Poor guys....they actually had to work for their limits of nice size yellowtail today in the 20-25 lb range! Their wrists were some sore and due to noodle arms, they had to stay another day instead of drive home this afternoon.

and while we were at Ensenadita unloading the fish from the panga, Nancy & Sirenita gave Izaak his first surf lesson!

sure love these late afternoons when they are flat calm!

tomorrow Nomad Acadist and his boys try their luck!

[Edited on 12-1-2011 by shari]

Bob H - 11-28-2011 at 11:29 PM

WOW, very NICE!

Sallysouth - 11-28-2011 at 11:49 PM

Dang Shari! that first pic hurt my neck!!That baby Izaak is about the cutest thing ever!!Did you get any rain?

mulegemichael - 11-29-2011 at 08:38 AM

ROLL!!!...ROLL!!!.....at least isaac is fun to see...ROLL!

BFS - 11-29-2011 at 11:09 AM

what's a noodle arm :spingrin:

shari - 11-29-2011 at 12:31 PM

it's when you arms are sooooooo sore from jigging up big a$$ yellowtail that they go all limp like a noodle.

sally....that first photo is a weird angle and I tried to rotate it and it looked even stranger...kinda like they were standing on their heads...:lol:

bacquito - 11-30-2011 at 08:29 AM

Thanks, looks like all had a good time!

shari - 11-30-2011 at 10:43 AM

another "chamber of commerce" day here of nice hot, flat calm weather which was great for nomad Acadist and his energetic boys.

The kids were so stoked to catch their limits of fish...both yellowtail and then some calico and white fish. 7 year old Sean was all squeamish about holding a fish but Faustino showed him how and he was pretty proud of that holding up that calico!

Here are the 3 muskateers!

then I put sean to work making the gravy...Acadist brought us down a lovely turkey we cooked up for everyone last night...i was getting kinda tired of fish!

so the bite is still on...Juan and Juan Carlos got 200 kilos of YT yesterday, the biggest fish weighing in at 37 lbs.

the weather is gorgeous, warm with no wind...wooo hooo and even a nice 7' swell came in last night!

[Edited on 11-30-2011 by shari]

Skipjack Joe - 11-30-2011 at 11:14 AM

Rub it in, why don't you. :lol:

acadist - 11-30-2011 at 11:36 AM

Big 'THANK YOU!!!!':tumble::spingrin::tumble:

Eli - 12-1-2011 at 05:43 AM

Always good to see what is going on up there in Your world Shari, thanks for sharing the pictures and thoughts.

shari - 12-1-2011 at 09:35 AM

thanks Eli...we've been having a really fun fall... what with many of our winter residents home again so the pot lucks are back in all their splendid beauty and some newfie jokes thrown in for good measure!

business is very slow which gives us more time to hang with friends and visitors who have been great to have around....and of course having Sirenita & Izaak here was glorious too. The weather has been outstanding so we're getting some swims in the afternoons...all in all life is no less than spectacular here.

OK....OK...back on topic....yesterday...bite slowed down due to big swell conditions....but....

BajaRat - 12-2-2011 at 07:25 PM

Don't stop the pics Shari, LOVE to see all the fun.;D

woody with a view - 12-2-2011 at 07:33 PM

hmmmm. looks like an EPIC adventure for Dad and the little dudes. gotta love it when a trip delivers....

BajaBlanca - 12-2-2011 at 09:20 PM

so that's where all the fish are !!! those are some beautiful pics !! we have been super busy but there are NO fish to write about ..... I will post pics of our thanksgiving on another thread ..... again - congrats on some amazing fish caught and presumably eaten

They're Keepers

Mulegena - 12-3-2011 at 06:01 AM

Acadist and his boys seemed perfectly at home and luvin' it here in Asuncion, definitely not to be thrown back! Hope they head back down soonest.

acadist - 12-3-2011 at 07:13 AM

Thanks everyone, I have made many Baja trips and I can honestly say this was one of the best yet, mainly because of the boys. They can be a handful at times but showed awesome maturity for fledgling nomads. I know now that I will never to be able to take a Baja trip without them begging to go, and they will! What an awesome learning experience for them. Thanks to Everyone who made this trip such a wonderful experience.