BajaNomad

Fishing in Asuncion

acadist - 11-30-2011 at 12:00 AM

Made it down here the other day, my 2 boys and myself camping at Campo Sirena.

Shari and Juan are awesome hosts and made us feel welcome immediately. After a day of goofing around on the beach we spent a day fishing with Capt Fuastino and SurfDoc is coming along to help with the kids. Not too long after we get to the spot AJ pulls in the first of many yellowtail, just not the biggest.

Both of the boys did great!

After a fun morning of big fish and ranchero me, lol, we decided to wind the day down looking for calicos and other bottom fish.

Very nice day on the water, weather was perfect and the fishing was good, must be time fir a nap.

Returned to fillet the fish and quick picture,

In just a couple of days have made many new friends and put faces to some of you nomads. We have a couple of more days to play on the beach but it has already been a great Baja adventure!

vgabndo - 11-30-2011 at 03:22 AM

Good Job Dad!!!!!!

Pompano - 11-30-2011 at 05:02 AM

Hah..what joy in those faces! Acadist...I can't imagine a better time. These trips of you with your boys will be building blocks for thier life ahead, and you'll savor them forever with the photos. Take lots of them. I know, I had the same times with my Dad...priceless.

Hey...would you rent them out?

acadist - 11-30-2011 at 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano

Hey...would you rent them out?

Come get 'em, I could use a day with too much rum!:lol:

woody with a view - 11-30-2011 at 06:22 AM

good times!

Bajaboy - 11-30-2011 at 07:22 AM

Sorry we just missed you. Glad you are enjoying your time with your kids. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

zac

DianaT - 11-30-2011 at 10:31 AM

Don't know how long you are going to be in Asuncion----a suggestion.

Your boys look to be the right ages for enjoying a couple of places near by---both are off the road that heads to Abreojos and not very far away. One is near Punta Choros just a few miles south of Asuncion---there are large sand dunes for them to climb and roll around in.

The other is a shell beach a few miles further south. The road out to it is just past the ranch with all the palm trees that is on the opposite side of the road.

Great to see the kids there and having a good time!

Heading home

acadist - 12-3-2011 at 07:46 AM

Well another great but way too short vacation started winding down yesterday, got rolling about 7 am

Made it to Cucamonga about 10 pm and met my wife at Denny's and everyone got big hugs. Tomorrow we drive back to Denver and start planning the next adventure. I am happy to say; my boys are now BAJA NOMADS. :tumble::bounce::tumble:

shari - 12-3-2011 at 08:15 AM

it was really cool turning the boys onto baja stuff here....taking them swimming, showing them what to look for beachcombing, skulls, bones, teeth etc....they were so keen to learn and very affectionate...a nice change from old codgers!!! hahahahaha!!!!

boe4fun - 12-3-2011 at 10:03 AM

Let my people go!!! jejejeje

[Edited on 12-3-2011 by boe4fun]