BajaNomad

Oaxaca

bacquito - 12-3-2011 at 07:19 PM

There is a restaurant dedicated to Oaxaca style food just east of Calle Reforma and south of the McDonalds restaurant and is located in a small mall. It is called Oaxquena (sp.?). I have eaten there a few times and was pleased every time. Also my daughter-in-law is from Oaxaca and she enjoyed it and said the food is prepared Oaxaca style.

BornFisher - 12-3-2011 at 07:51 PM

So if you go to Calle Reforma south of McDonalds, you can find it? Perhaps a little more info is needed, like where? What city?

David K - 12-3-2011 at 11:52 PM

Yah, Baja is a big place... and most towns have a Calle Reforma... but the McDonalds clue does narrow it down to about 6 cities!;D

Ateo - 12-4-2011 at 09:26 AM

TJ, Rosarito, Ensenada, Cabo? ;)

Bob H - 12-4-2011 at 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bacquito
There is a restaurant dedicated to Oaxaca style food just east of Calle Reforma and south of the McDonalds restaurant and is located in a small mall. It is called Oaxquena (sp.?). I have eaten there a few times and was pleased every time. Also my daughter-in-law is from Oaxaca and she enjoyed it and said the food is prepared Oaxaca style.

My bet is that this place is in Ensenada!:P

DENNIS - 12-4-2011 at 10:12 AM

Yeah....I think bacquito is in Ensenada although a street name would be a good clue.
Who wants to buy the first vowel? :lol:

Udo - 12-4-2011 at 10:15 AM

I an certain that is the street in Ensenada that runs along next to the LARGE MEXICAN flag.

bajabass - 12-4-2011 at 10:33 AM

Reforma is Hiway 1, the McD's is at Diamante. Strip malls all over the place.

Search mission

bajaguy - 12-4-2011 at 10:43 AM

I'll try and find it today in the area of Reforma (Hwy 1) and Diamante.....will post results.

bacquito - 12-4-2011 at 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BornFisher
So if you go to Calle Reforma south of McDonalds, you can find it? Perhaps a little more info is needed, like where? What city?

Sorry about that-the town is Ensenada.

Oaxaqueno

bajaguy - 12-4-2011 at 02:59 PM

Located in a strip mall between the Carl's JR and McDonalds on the east side of Reforma (your right headed north) also known as Highway 1.

Easy directions.........

North on Reforma (Hwy 1), at the intersection of Reforma and Diamante (McDonalds) turn right onto Diamante, immediately make the next right onto the first street (Rodriguez), go about 100 feet. It is an orange building on your right.

Posted hours are Tuesday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM, closed Mondays.

bajaguy - 12-4-2011 at 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
I an certain that is the street in Ensenada that runs along next to the LARGE MEXICAN flag.

Udo, that would be Blvd Lazaro Card##as, also known as Blvd Costero. :lol:

DENNIS - 12-4-2011 at 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Udo, that would be Blvd Lazaro Card##as, also known as Blvd Costero. :lol:

Or...Reforma. The military base has a huge flag as well.

Ok....trivia time.

Those big-ass flags that are all around Mexico are, or were, supposed to have been paid for with the profits from the Government owned pawn shop chain, "Monte de Piedad."
Very generous of them...doncha think? The government drives the public into poverty and, as an effort to give relief to the suffering, they buy their wedding rings and the gold from their teeth. :?::?:

Santiago - 12-4-2011 at 04:11 PM

Dennis - you're kidding, right?

bacquito - 12-4-2011 at 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Located in a strip mall between the Carl's JR and McDonalds on the east side of Reforma (your right headed north) also known as Highway 1.

Easy directions.........

North on Reforma (Hwy 1), at the intersection of Reforma and Diamante (McDonalds) turn right onto Diamante, immediately make the next right onto the first street (Rodriguez), go about 100 feet. It is an orange building on your right.

Posted hours are Tuesday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM, closed Mondays.

Thanks for the help.

DENNIS - 12-4-2011 at 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
Dennis - you're kidding, right?

No.....not this time.