BajaNomad

Shell Island Dec

viabaja - 12-9-2011 at 02:02 PM

Well, more for you Shell Island affectionados! Beach deserted, Windy & COLD! Temp down to 40 at night. Days were high 50's. Too damn cold to drink cerveza! Percebu had a good Poker Run turnout I was told. Must have been interesting with the high tides from all the evidence of stuck vehicles in the bay mud and at the entrance to Shell Island!

[Edited on 12-13-2011 by viabaja]

David K - 12-9-2011 at 02:45 PM

Thank you Chris... I hope to be back soon... but we like it HOT, and the water WARM... ie. Late May-Oct.

Last trip there was July 4th weekend and we had one nice perfect day, then the hurricane winds that sank the ERIK also ripped up our camp that night, and we headed south. Photos in my blog (below)...

Tooooo ccccold 4 cerveza?????

El Vergel - 12-9-2011 at 03:45 PM

.....how could that be???? Thank you for the report, viabaja! Beautiful images of one of my favorite places in the world! Great ways to keep warm help...especially with the conditions! Saludos!

There's always the Poblado Delecias

[Edited on 12-21-2011 by El Vergel]

viabaja - 12-12-2011 at 11:10 PM

El Vergel - believe it or not hot coffee was the beverage of choice this trip with vino during dinner!

cymeryss - 12-15-2011 at 11:43 PM

We were there fr thanksgiving.....camping on shell island....it was a challenge to get out through the mud, even the fisherman had issues to get out. Never seen the tide that high.

David K - 12-15-2011 at 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cymeryss
We were there fr thanksgiving.....camping on shell island....it was a challenge to get out through the mud, even the fisherman had issues to get out. Never seen the tide that high.

A full or new moon will be the biggest tide of each month... Here is last July 3rd +/-...

There is a GOOD reason I named it 'Shell ISLAND'... It is so much more than just a 'Beach'! :light:;)

and the truck that can't be stopped:

David K - 12-15-2011 at 11:53 PM

Other than the fishermen, nobody else on the island!

Looking at Baja from the Island: