BajaNomad

Teacte-Loreto, Dec 8th

LaTijereta - 12-10-2011 at 04:06 PM

Crossed at Tecate at 6:30am..Got the "green light" for both the loaded trailer and 38ft fifth wheel hauling down to Loreto for a friend... I love that Tecate crossing:cool:
Had a great breakfest at Mustafs outside Ensenada..El Rosario gas station still working on their new banos..Light traffic down to Catavina..Stayed at the Sta Maria (Old Desert Inn).. rate was $70 a nite w/ FM3 card (20% off).. Cooold night there, but new beds and room heaters were working good..
On the road early south..again light traffic both ways..Road conditions below Catavina just keeps getting better and better..
Both rigs got into Loreto around 3:30pm with no issues, and were dropped off at the Park... Next stop Augies for Happy Hour..
> Pemex was exchanging at $13-13.5 for dollars
> Checkpoints all up and running..Only had to open trailers up at two locations going south for inspection
> No IMM check at the Baja Sur border
> Construction zone north of Jesus Maria still two way on the side dirt road..about 3 miles long as before.

Marc - 12-17-2011 at 09:35 PM

Tell us more about Cataviņa. How is the new management doing? I have not been there for two years. It's my favorite stop in all of Baja for 25 years.

[Edited on 12-18-2011 by Marc]