BajaNomad

Tecate wait!

fishingmako - 12-20-2011 at 12:10 PM

Went through Tecate on sunday 12/18/11 was at the Border 10:30 am got to the crossing at 2:00 pm 3.5 hours a bit long for Tecate.

There is a problem depending on the lane your in as they open the Truck lane on Sundays around 11:00am. the left lane will move because you have a choice of 3 lanes in front of you as the left lane goes to both crossings.

If you are in the right lane you have no choice, just thought i'd pass the information on.

DENNIS - 12-20-2011 at 12:39 PM

..........................................................YIPES...........................................................

bkbend - 12-20-2011 at 01:08 PM

I crossed Saturday the week before you did and was through in 40 minutes in the early afternoon. I think the closer to Christmas the more of a weekend mess it is. I crossed last year the weekend before Christmas and it was a 2:40 minute wait. I'm guess I'm happy I decided to go north a week earlier this time.

dtbushpilot - 12-20-2011 at 01:18 PM

Got in line at 5pm yesterday. The line was a bit over the hill, took 1 hour from the top of the hill to the crossing. I started out in the right lane, it was noticeably slower. A vehicle broke down in the right lane so I was able to get in the left lane and stayed there. Both crossings were open but only 1 booth for the right lane.

Spearo - 12-20-2011 at 01:53 PM

This is why I always have an empty gatorade bottle with me when I hit the border!

DanO - 12-20-2011 at 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Spearo
This is why I always have an empty gatorade bottle with me when I hit the border!

Tecate's got portapotties.

:rolleyes:

Spearo - 12-20-2011 at 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO
Quote:

I know, I just like my bottle.

Phil S - 12-20-2011 at 09:25 PM

Wendy & I crossed northbound on Dec. 6th. We were through & out in 12 minutes. (It was Tuesday & about 11 a.m. I felt blessed. Never ever been through less than 1/2 hour at the least. 3 hours. OMG!!!!

durrelllrobert - 12-21-2011 at 10:46 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO
Quote:

I know, I just like my bottle.
if it's the 32oz squeeze bottle how the hell do you use it? :lol::lol: