BajaNomad

ready lane christmas morning

willardguy - 12-26-2011 at 11:32 AM

it was about 10 oclock and I decided to try the ready lane. they did a really great job with signage getting you to the ready lanes,even I couldnt get lost.
once you're dumped into the east lanes it was vague which are the ready lanes,I assume all the east lanes are ready lanes(except the sentri of course).
anyway the lines were short but not moving. I think what was happening was the agents were spending alot of time instructing the folks that didnt have rfid's.
and of course I picked the line with the young lady with an attitude that wasnt happy working christmas day.understandable I guess.
so a fifty car line took an hour. hopefully when everyone gets on board it'll get going better.
at least they're trying!

CortezBlue - 12-27-2011 at 02:36 AM

where?

willardguy - 12-27-2011 at 11:06 AM

oh sorry. san ysidro. looks like christmas day wasnt the day to cross!

sancho - 12-27-2011 at 11:13 AM

Had a friend ask me about the Ready Lane, I
understand it is for the RFID Passcard and NOT
the RFID equipped Passport, Yes?

bajaguy - 12-27-2011 at 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sancho
Had a friend ask me about the Ready Lane, I
understand it is for the RFID Passcard and NOT
the RFID equipped Passport, Yes?

"Travelers who wish to use the Ready Lane should start preparing now. In order to use this dedicated lane, all adult passengers in the vehicle over the age of 16 must present an approved RFID-enabled travel card. These documents include: the U.S. Passport Card, SENTRI card, the new Legal Permanent Resident “green card” and the new Border Crossing Card."

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/news_releases/local/1027...