BajaNomad

INTERNET- good news-bad news

cristobal - 9-23-2004 at 06:18 PM

BAD NEWS first .....The INTERNET cafe that I used the middle of last year in the town square in SAN IGNACIO ....... has closed .....:fire::fire:

The GOOD NEWS ..... is that a new one has opened up just FOUR doors down from it .... and even closer to the IGLECIA.
I found a second location just NORTH of the PEMEX on the side road to the ICE PLANT. That is an increase of 100% ..... WOW ... :O:wow::o:P

:yes::smug::fire::o:wow::O

As much as I enjoy the internet

jrbaja - 9-23-2004 at 09:02 PM

I wonder what Do?a Lupe thinks about all this.:?:

synch - 9-24-2004 at 07:36 AM

cris,

How was your trip down with alex?

tim40 - 9-24-2004 at 08:35 AM

Do you happen to know if the SI B&B was impacted by the storm?

David K - 9-24-2004 at 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tim40
Do you happen to know if the SI B&B was impacted by the storm?

Ignacio Springs Bed & Breakfast ? http://www.ignaciosprings.com Sure looks like a nice place to stay!

tim40 - 9-25-2004 at 03:44 PM

It is a great place to stay and the hosts could not be nicer and more helpful. Just wondering if they had any water issues as they did last year?

synch - 9-27-2004 at 08:35 AM

Looks like a wonderful combination of many aspects of Baja all rolled into one!

More good news

tdmarcer - 12-13-2004 at 09:02 PM

Ignacio Springs Bistro with Internet access has moved from the plaza but will reopen in early 2005 with service at the B&B location now. A new building is under construction now that Telmex has finally provided phone lines there. As for flood damage, it was minimal this year with only the shower house being affected but all is restored to normal once again. Thank you for your concern.

Marie-Rose - 12-13-2004 at 09:35 PM

We really enjoyed our stay there last spring! Great people...fabulous breakfast!! They welcomed our dog and we felt totally at home. The Yurts are really cosy!!

bajalera - 12-14-2004 at 10:14 AM

Canadians continue to be subjected to bashing on the Off-Topic Forum, but wannabe entrepreneurs could take some valuable lessons from the Canadian couple running SI Springs. The place provides comfort and a distinctive ambience without destroying the traditional spirit of San Ignacio. [The roof of the dining area is one of very few made in recent years with the palm fronds tied instead of nailed.]

Equipment at the lagoon is available to guests at no charge, so it's a great place (and a safe one) for kids, too.

bajalera

thekookbuster - 12-14-2004 at 02:47 PM

There's internet access and a laptop on the bar at Rice & Beans.

bajajudy - 12-14-2004 at 03:39 PM

SI Springs is by far one of the best things to happen to Baja in recent years. Terry and Gary are the best hosts and their place is beautiful. The breakfasts are wonderful. Some of you might remember my "how many pieces of homemade bread toast with homemade jam can you eat?" comment a few weeks back.