BajaNomad

JUANITA FROM SAN IGNACIO ON TV Dec 2011

BajaBlanca - 12-30-2011 at 08:41 AM

I happened to turn on the tv to a channel that said Missions B.C. and Juanita and others from San Ignacio are on !

channel 257
Maria Vision

They're talking about wine making, history ....

[Edited on 3-9-2020 by BajaBlanca]

David K - 12-30-2011 at 09:20 AM

Here is one San Ignacio wine lable (sent to me by Jimmy Smith)...

JJ Rousseau LABEL.jpg - 32kB

David K - 3-6-2020 at 10:42 AM

Has anyone a bottle of San Ignacio wine?

mtgoat666 - 3-6-2020 at 01:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Tastes like chicken

BajaBlanca - 3-6-2020 at 09:56 PM

I do! You can buy a bottle (sometimes) from the lady at EL CRUCERO restaurant. It has been a while but I think it is a sweet red and cost $200 pesos.

I will add a photo of the bottle when internet is strong enough.

wine 1A.jpg - 35kB

Wine 2A.jpg - 39kB

[Edited on 3-9-2020 by BajaBlanca]

pacificobob - 3-7-2020 at 08:42 AM

I don't understand why peoples love of baja includes thinking the majority of Mexican wines don't suck badly. Ok! Before you run for the pitchforks and torches...yes a few are ok, and with time more will be drinkable. But let's not deceive ourselves.

BajaMama - 3-8-2020 at 11:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Nope, but last week I enjoyed San Ignacio Lagoon oysters!

mtgoat666 - 3-8-2020 at 12:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
I don't understand why peoples love of baja includes thinking the majority of Mexican wines don't suck badly. Ok! Before you run for the pitchforks and torches...yes a few are ok, and with time more will be drinkable. But let's not deceive ourselves.

I agree, the mex wine is hit and miss and mostly miss. When I go to baja, I try to bring wine with me. I find the consistency poor. People rave about a particular wine, so I buy it and tend to usually get a bad bottle,... or perhaps people doing the recommending are just tasteless?

I also don’t see the appeal of most tequilas. Very few tequilas are drinkable, and those that are drinkable are ridiculously expensive. I prefer to bring gin and whiskey with me when traveling to baja.

How bout the beer in Mexico? Disappointing too. Bring it from usa, so many better pale ale and IPA microbrews available everywhere in usa

:no:

BajaBlanca - 3-8-2020 at 06:09 PM

I haven't opened this wine yet so I cannot comment on what it tastes like. That being said, once they had a wine event here with wine from the mountain ranches. It was a tasting and some of the wines were delicious. They sold out within the first hour!

For the most part, the ones I have tasted are quite red, quite fruity and ridiculously sweet. Which I am OK with.